7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2013 8:34 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

XML PO's not getting transmitted in R12

Hello,
      In R12, when using punchout catalog, XML PO's are getting generated, but not transmitted. We can see this in the Workflow Administrator > Transaction Monitor > Outbound Messages. Generation is occurring, but Delivery is not.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
      Alf
        • 1. Re: XML PO's not getting transmitted in R12
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          868039 wrote:
          Hello,
          In R12, when using punchout catalog, XML PO's are getting generated, but not transmitted. We can see this in the Workflow Administrator > Transaction Monitor > Outbound Messages. Generation is occurring, but Delivery is not.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
          Alf
          Can you find any errors in the database/workflow log files?

Please see these docs.

How to Run the Punchout TEST Delivered With Oracle Applications? [ID 356128.1]
          How to Diagnose a Punchout Issue [ID 377320.1]
          Punchout White Paper - Release 12 [ID 1177725.1]

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: XML PO's not getting transmitted in R12
            Thank you for the reply Hussein, I am not sure how to check the database/workflow log files. Can I find this in the application, or does DBA need to find it?
            • 3. Re: XML PO's not getting transmitted in R12
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              868039 wrote:
              Thank you for the reply Hussein, I am not sure how to check the database/workflow log files. Can I find this in the application, or does DBA need to find it?
              Yes please, ask your DBAs to check the logs.

Workflow log file can be found at $APPLCSF/$APPLLOG/FNDCPGSC*.txt
              Database log file can be found under DIAGNOSTIC_DEST -- http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/server.111/b28320/initparams071.htm

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: XML PO's not getting transmitted in R12
                DBA just got back to me and did not find any relevant errors in log file. Metalink says it could be Oracle Transport Agent related, but we cannot tell if it is enabled in our R12 instance. The note says it is in System Administrator > Oracle Applications Manager > Autoconfig, but I cannot find Autoconfig. Do you know navigation to find Autoconfig to see if OTA is on? Thanks again.
                • 5. Re: XML PO's not getting transmitted in R12
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  Why do you need to access AutoConfig?

You can access AutoConfig from OAM > Site Map > Administration tab > System Configuration > AutoConfig.

Thanks,
                  Hussein
                  • 6. Re: XML PO's not getting transmitted in R12
                    Thanks Hussein. I just want to clarify...we are using 11i in Production. Everything works normally. We have an R12 dev instance (in preparation for the upgrade to R12) and we can't seem to get transmission successful.

From the Workflow Administrator > Status Monitor, we see errors like this:

Failed Activity Workflow Send
                    Activity Type Event
                    Error Name ERROR
                    Error Message Unknown Serverside Error.

Do these help at all?
                    • 7. Re: XML PO's not getting transmitted in R12
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                      868039 wrote:
                      Thanks Hussein. I just want to clarify...we are using 11i in Production. Everything works normally. We have an R12 dev instance (in preparation for the upgrade to R12) and we can't seem to get transmission successful.

From the Workflow Administrator > Status Monitor, we see errors like this:

Failed Activity Workflow Send
                      Activity Type Event
                      Error Name ERROR
                      Error Message Unknown Serverside Error.

Do these help at all?
                      Sort of -- This error indicates an error with the Workflow, so please check the Workflow log file for details about the error.

Thanks,
                      Hussein