3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 9:33 AM by VC RSS

Save Apex_Collection - Same Session - Across Applications

machan
      Hi,

I want to access the APEX_COLLECTION within an application when the user moves to different application and comes back within the same session.

I have a collection in Application 100. I move to Application 200, session is maintained same.
      When the I come back to application 100, I see that the collection that I had earlier doesn't exist.

Is there any way I can save this collection.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Save Apex_Collection - Same Session - Across Applications
          VC
          machan wrote:
          Hi,

I want to access the APEX_COLLECTION within an application when the user moves to different application and comes back within the same session.

I have a collection in Application 100. I move to Application 200, session is maintained same.
          When the I come back to application 100, I see that the collection that I had earlier doesn't exist.

Is there any way I can save this collection.
          No you cannot. because collections are saved against the session, workspace ID and application ID which are restricted in the APEX_COLLECTIONS view, So its not possible to see values saved for other session/application/workspace id

Try using a custom database table instead of collections.
          • 2. Re: Save Apex_Collection - Same Session - Across Applications
            machan
             So its not possible to see values saved for other session/application/workspace id
            I want to look at the values in the collection in the same - session/application/workspace id
            Like I said - 
              I have the collection in Application 100, Able to retrieve the values in application 100.
              Move from Application 100 to Application 200 (Session doesn't change)
              In the same session, came back to Application 100 (we have same session/application/workspace id as before), but not able to see the collection.
            May be I am missing something.
            Just wanted to know !!!

Thanks.
            • 3. Re: Save Apex_Collection - Same Session - Across Applications
              VC
              machan wrote:
              So its not possible to see values saved for other session/application/workspace id
              No you cannot see using the APEX standard view i.e. apex_collections. apex_collections is nothing but a database view querying built-in apex tables such as wwv_flow*

To understand it better check the view definition of apex_collections view if you have access to the APEX schema.

You might be able to create a custom view based on the built-in sql of apex_collections view omitting the where clause that restricts APP ID.

Cheers,
              Vikram