This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2013 9:09 PM by alvaromiranda RSS

I wrote an script to download and create a local mirror of public-yum

alvaromiranda Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi There

I have created a script that download and create a local copy of a given repo from public-yum.oracle.com

You can check more on my blog entry (first one) http://kikitux.blogspot.co.nz/2013/02/public-yum-downloadersh.html

Script can be found at https://github.com/kikitux/public-yum-downloader
Enjoy
Alvaro.

Edited by: Alvaro Miranda on Feb 6, 2013 7:21 PM
  • 1. Re: I wrote an script to download and create a local mirror of public-yum
    1005802 Newbie
    Howdy. I'm having intermittent issues trying to update my OL5u7 instance from the public yum repository due to too many 502 timeouts. I thought to download the repo locally using your script.

I'm using it on an unproxied network, and when I issue the update command, it seems to work fine until it gets to "repo to download is el5_latest" and then it just sits there...and sits...and sits...

I inspected the target path and no files have been downloaded. Is there a way to see where in the process it is getting stuck?

Thanks for your work on this, if I can get it working it will be a lifesaver.
  • 2. Re: I wrote an script to download and create a local mirror of public-yum
    alvaromiranda Explorer
    Keep it running, time by time it takes FOR Ever

:)

The good thing is the script already downloaded the repo file and the GPG key, so internet is working.

Where you tell me is waiting for ever, is downloading the metadata of the files, and doing the list of packages and dependencies to download.

then, with that list, it will use wget to download the rpm files

On /var/tmp/public-yum-downloader/ it will be leaving some files that you can use to check what's doing, a folder for x86_64 and i383 to have a local copy of the metadata

/var/tmp/public-yum-downloader/list.log will show is the output of yum-downloader and then the output of wget

I don't think your download will be slower than mine.. I am on New Zealand.. :D

Alvaro.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points