This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
Shiva, have yo ucompare the folder structure only?1 person found this helpful
You have to look into the files as well. The error is pointing to a missing db connection or the use of hte wrong db connection. In your jar you are trying to access a tabel from another schema.
Have you used the ant ojdeploy target of called ojdeploy to create the jar?
Thanks for quick reply Timo.
I've checked out all the files , the files by content are one and the same in both the jars (I have cross checked the manifest folder many number of times). The table is in the same schema.
The "Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist" might be one of the results of the some other issue which could be the root cause for the whole thing. I'm using the default ant script provided by JDev to generate the profile (Jar file in my case)
<ora:parameter name="nocompile" value="true"/>
I'm not overriding the default commands provided except for the Profile Output path, and hence I'm not able to figure out why the code is deviating from the expected behavior. Do I need to add additional configurations?? I strongly feel that issue with might be the path/ permissions or need to have additional configurations in one these adfm.xml or weblogic-application.xml, although I'm not sure.
Have you checked the other folders content too? The manifest file is not the vital part.
Have you found out which tabel or view is missing?
The query was thrown up as a part of the incident, and I was able to figure of the VO for the query. Tried to run from the Application Module and all the VOs are running well. The other contents in the jar are the View Objects, View Links is same. However, I was able see the sizes of the following files were different.
Some of the major files which were unchanged
3. Resource Bundles
Is it possible to suggest some file I need to check which might have possibly gone wrong? Because this is a scenario where the table/View is existing and I've permissions to access it.
Check hte content of the xyzAM.xml and xyzModel.jpx files. The jpx file holds a pointer to the used db connection.
check it1 person found this helpful
may it's useful
for more java development http://bit.ly/anDrwb
Edited by: 986750 on Feb 7, 2013 3:57 AM
I figured out a way to solve the problem. Not sure what was the cause of this issue, but a couple of changes made both to JAR/EAR build scripts set the things right
While building JAR files:
1. Uncheck "Make this the project build file" while creating the ANT build file, while the "Include Packaging Tasks (uses OjDeploy)" must be checked.
2. Remove "nocompile" parameter from <ora:. > tag in the OjDeploy.
While Building EAR files:
1. Create EAR in the view controller project.
2. Go to the View Controller Project Properties-> Project Source Path -> Resources, remove the newly created build file dependency, which specifies that the build file is for the whole project and not for the individual project.
3. Remove "Project" parameter from <ora:. > tag in the OjDeploy. (Ensures to build for the whole application)
4. Remove "nocompile" parameter from <ora:. > tag in the OjDeploy.
These are the exhaustive set of changes, which I made to ensure the ANT files are building correctly, if you get any other errors after this EAR is deployed, then its definitely due to code, EO/VO or DB related.
Thanks for all the help!!