This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 8:55 PM by user301482 RSS

ACFS config error on ODA

user301482 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have encountered an ACFS related issue. Since there is no ODA forum I believe this is the most appropriate forum.

Before raising any SR I am posting here as per My Oracle Support guidelines. I believe I have also exhaustively reviewed the the documentation, MOS KB and these forums looking for solutions.

I have been following MOS Note instructions to "Setup ACFS Post Deploy" [ID 1435019.1]

At step 5 I ran "/opt/oracle/oak/onecmd/GridInst.pl -s 22" as per the instructions, with the following result;

----
ERROR : Error in running /opt/oracle/oak/onecmd/tmp/asmcacreatevol.sh
Volume acfsvol created successfully.

Connected to an idle instance.
ASMCMD-8102: no connection to ASM; command requires ASM to run
----

I suspect some environment variables were not set since both "srvctl status asm" and "crsctl stat resource -t" indicate that ASM is running

There is nothing in the MOS note about setting environment variables.

Step 6 indicates that the filesystem is still not mounted ie. no result for "mount | grep cloudfs"

Running the command from the other node has the following result;

----
ERROR : Error in running /opt/oracle/oak/onecmd/tmp/asmcacreatevol.sh
Volume acfsvol creation failed with the following message:
Volume acfsvol already exists. Cannot be created again
----

The error above suggests to me that some manual intervention may be required.

I am both asking for troubleshooting input and doing the due diligence before creating an SR.

-cvdv

Edited by: cvdv on Feb 6, 2013 11:46 PM
  • 1. Re: ACFS config error on ODA
    Sebastian Solbach (DBA Community) Guru
    Hi,

since this is ODA related, I would create an SR, since this should not happen.

A workaround probably is pretty easy, but not recommended as this is ODA.
    You can call asmca manually (as User Oracle and having an x-term anyhwere).

But since it already created the volume, probably what is missing is the ACFS format (mkfs -t acfs /dev/asm/<volname>)
    And the mount command. It could also be that ODA registers the filesystem with (srvctl add filesystem).

Regards
    Sebastian
  • 2. Re: ACFS config error on ODA
    user301482 Newbie
    Sebastian,

Thanks for confirming my ODA/support concerns.

Additionally I'll include your workaround/troubleshooting suggestions in the SR as they may prove helpful.

It's interesting that the volume was "created successfully" (via some shell based os command/utility?) whereas the next "idle instance" message indicates the script was possibly trying to perform a query or update when it failed/aborted.

I might make some time to check the /opt/oracle/oak/onecmd/tmp/asmcacreatevol.sh script to confirm my guesses.

Regardless you've answered my question, even if it does not solve the problem.

Cheers,
    Craig

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points