5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 9:16 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Patch to be applied for  JL/JG products

User470870-OC Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

OS RHEL 5.5
Database : 11.1.0.7
Applications : R12.1.3

Please suggest how to check we are using JL/JG product in Oracle apps as there is a patch 12668756 to be applied for receivables has a pre-requisite patch 12575584:R12.JL.B : FORWARD PORT OF BUG 9952202 IN R12.

Prerequisite is for JL/JG only as per the patch readme

Instructions for applying the patch
-----------------------------------

1) Products affected
JL/JG

My doubt is whether we are using these products or not.

How to check we are using these products and patch is applicable for our env.
Please do the needful.

Rgrds,
  • 1. Re: Patch to be applied for  JL/JG products
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    Check FND_PRODUCT_INSTALLATIONS table - column STATUS

I = Installed
    N = Not installed
    S = Shared install

http://etrm.oracle.com/pls/et1211d9/etrm_pnav.show_object?c_name=FND_PRODUCT_INSTALLATIONS&c_owner=APPLSYS&c_type=TABLE

HTH
    Srini
  • 2. Re: Patch to be applied for  JL/JG products
    EBSDBA Expert
    Hi,

If you have licensed these products then you'll have to apply those patches.

You can check whether you have licensed or not from OAM (Oracle Applications Manager) or use the query in the note

How To Use OAM To License JA (Asia/Pacific Localizations), JE (European Localizations), JG (Regional Localizations) and JL (Latin-American Localizations) in Oracle Applications ? [ID 351900.1]

Please note the above note shows how to license, but please use just the query or OAM to find if you have licensed or not

Thanks
  • 3. Re: Patch to be applied for  JL/JG products
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    My doubt is whether we are using these products or not.

How to check we are using these products and patch is applicable for our env.
    Please do the needful.
    Please see (How to Establish if a Product is Installed in e-Business Suite 11i [ID 420648.1]) -- The doc is application to 11i/R12

Please also see (How To Add A New Product To Oracle Applications [ID 135807.1]).

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 4. Re: Patch to be applied for  JL/JG products
    User470870-OC Newbie
    Hi

We have these products installed but do not know whether we are using them or not.
    Please provide profile options to check the products in use and patch can be applied.

R12.JG.B.3 I
    R12.JA.B.3 I
    R12.JL.B.3 I

Rgrds,
    Shubha
  • 5. Re: Patch to be applied for  JL/JG products
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Shubha,
    We have these products installed but do not know whether we are using them or not.
    Please provide profile options to check the products in use and patch can be applied.

R12.JG.B.3 I
    R12.JA.B.3 I
    R12.JL.B.3 I

Rgrds,
    Shubha
    Please run the query in [ID 351900.1] (which is referenced by EBSDBA above) under the Goal section and it should tell you if those products/modules are installed or not and what patchset level you are on.

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points