This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 11:26 PM by Frank Nimphius RSS

table filter: search for string containing 'and'

989823 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
JDev 11.1.1.3.0

Table filter: If I try to search for a string containing ' and ', ADF seems to break down the string to look for.
eg. a search for the string 'abc and def' in a column 'col' would create a where clause: where col LIKE 'abc%' AND col LIKE 'def%' and I get no results. Is there a way to disable this 'feature' of table filters?

filterFeatures attribute of af:column seems to support only "caseSensitive" and "caseInsensitive". A query listener in a backing bean doesn't seem to help much as the actual break down of the string happens somewhere in the viewobject. May be there is some method that I can overwrite somewhere?
  • 1. Re: table filter: search for string containing 'and'
    Timo Hahn Oracle ACE
    There is no option to turn off this behavior. The QBE (Query by example) stuff treads 'and' and 'or' and '>' and '<' as operators. So the only solution would be to deep dive into the implementation in the VO.

Timo
  • 2. Re: table filter: search for string containing 'and'
    989823 Newbie
    don't seem to have much luck looking into the implementation.
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E12839_01/apirefs.1111/e10653/oracle/jbo/server/ViewObjectImpl.html
    buildViewCriteriaClauses(ViewCriteria vc) of ViewObjectImpl is the closest I have gotten to (i think). Not sure of other unintended consequences even if I were able to modify the whereclause this method is returning.

started looking into another option using the queryListener in the backing bean: basically using wildcards with the operators in the filter criteria map.
    eg. replacing occurrences of ' AND ' with '_AND_' . and of course, reverting it after invoking the query.
  • 3. Re: table filter: search for string containing 'and'
    Frank Nimphius Employee ACE
    Hi,

have a look here

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/adf/learnmore/59-table-filter-by-data-range-176653.pdf

its for date ranges but should be easily modified to meet your requirement

Frank

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points