This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 12:04 PM by 842867 RSS

Forms Servlet filter can't access HTTPServletRequest parameters

842867 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I'm tyring to build a SAML authentication processor into a servlet filter I'm putting in front of the Oracle forms 10g frmservlet and lservlet servlets, configured in the forms web.xml file. The filter runs great and does pretty much all I need, BUT it cannot access an HTTP Request Parameter coming from an SSL reverse proxy server, (in this case named "SAMLResponse")

This encoded and encrypted request parameter (provided by a SAML authenticator integrated into the reverse proxy) contains a SAML payload that ultimately needs to be decoded to yield a userid, which oddly enough, I need to pass to Oracle forms as a forms parameter.

Everything works (filter is called in the chain, etc.) in this scheme, EXCEPT I can't read the HTTP Request Parameter in the filter.

The only parameter I CAN read is named 'config' with the value contained in the [xxx] string of the formsweb.cfg file.

Eaxmple snippet from formsweb.cfg, and the source of the one readble parameter:

# Sample configuration for deploying WebUtil. Note that WebUtil is shipped with
# DS but not AS and is also available for download from OTN.
[*webutil*] <<<<<<<<<<<----- This is the value of the ServletRequest parameter named "config" that I can read.
WebUtilArchive=frmwebutil.jar,jacob.jar
WebUtilLogging=off
WebUtilLoggingDetail=normal

Pertinent filter code:

// Notice we use the servlet request and resposne not the HTTP
public void doFilter(ServletRequest req, ServletResponse resp, FilterChain chain) throws ServletException, IOException {
HttpServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest) req;

Enumeration enumeration = request.getParameterNames();
while (enumeration.hasMoreElements()) {           
String parameterName = (String) enumeration.nextElement();
log.debug("Enumerated Parameter = " + parameterName);
}

All I EVER get in this enumeration is:
config

Is there some way to configure the Apache server and oc4j container to pass through an HTTP Request parameter to the ServletRequest????

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points