I am converting over to Oracle SQL Developer from Allround Automations PL/SQL Developer and I have a question about setting up filters for objects.
If I want to setup a filter under Other Users, it seems like I can only do that by schema name and there doesn't seem to be any AND or OR ability to build the search criteria. In the IDE I was using before this I was able to setup a filter that looked like..........
owner LIKE '%GOLF%' OR object_name LIKE '%GOLF%'
So then when I clicked on Procedures it would bring back a list like................
So, any object that has the string 'GOLF' anywhere in it, whether it's the schema name or part of the object_name is returned.
Is there a way to do this in Oracle SQL Developer? I'm using 3.2.20.09
Edited by: 986868 on Feb 7, 2013 12:49 PM
The short answer is no, but I do not believe your use case is entirely realistic. SQL Developer filtering is layered:
1. By schema name rule (for Other Users node)
2. By object name rule (for all object types within a specific schema / connection node)
3. By object name rule (for a specific object type within a specific schema)
4. Layers 1 and 2 have an implicit AND condition
5. Layer 3 provides a Match Any or Match All option, so that predicate will contain either all ANDs or all ORs
6. Layer 3 also provides an option to ignore the rule in layer 2.
This filter coverage seems fairly complete for most cases. Otherwise create a user defined report with the necessary SQL query.
SQL Developer Team