1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2014 5:30 PM by User387251 RSS

IAP Workbench 3.1.1

User387251
      Hi,
      I have installed workbench 3.1.1 from the latest Endeca Ecom suite. But the workbench seems light in option. I done see any admin console, or options to enter Thesaurus and rule Manager. Infact I dont see the application name when logininto workbench. it looks very simeple. Please anyone let me know why workbench options are looking light compared to v3.1.0?

Thanks,
      RP
        • 1. Re: IAP Workbench 3.1.1
          Brett R-Oracle
          Hi RP,

Have you provisioned any applications to this instance of Workbench yet?

Best
          Brett
          • 2. Re: IAP Workbench 3.1.1
            User387251
            Hi Brett,

Thanks for the reply.
            I have created applciation and it is running good.

But the workbench doenst seem picking it up. And I dont see any "Thesaurus", "Rule Manager" and Admin console.

I have installed the same versions with application in 3 instances of servers, and the workbench in all the servers are having this issue.

Please let me know how to fix this.

Thanks,
            RP
            • 3. Re: IAP Workbench 3.1.1
              Brett R-Oracle
              Once you have an application provisioned, use the first menu item on the menu-bar to switch from "Administrative Tools" to "<name of your application>". So if you've provisioned the reference data as "Discover", you'll see this as a menu option.

Once you select it the familiar functions will be visible.

Best
              Brett
              • 4. Re: IAP Workbench 3.1.1
                PradeepKPathak
                << Infact I dont see the application name when logininto workbench

It seems that application you have created not connected to workbench.
                Just check if workbench host, port configurations are correct for instantiating applications.
                • 5. Re: IAP Workbench 3.1.1
                  User387251
                  Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Below are the settings in AppConfig.xml

<property name="webStudioEnabled" value="true" />
                  <property name="webStudioHost" value="hostname" />
                  <property name="webStudioPort" value="8006" />

it looks correct as workbench is running on port 8006 as well.

What else I need to check whether settings are correct?

Thanks,
                  RP
                  • 6. Re: IAP Workbench 3.1.1
                    User387251
                    HI Brett,

I dont see any options under "Administrative Tools". The application is provisioned and running. I have eabled workbench integration through deployment template (3.2.2) while creating the application. I am just seeing

1. Data Source, 2. User Management, 3. EAC Connection Settings, 4. Change Password options nothing else.

Thanks,
                    RP
                    • 7. Re: IAP Workbench 3.1.1
                      Kristen G-Oracle
                      Under user management, double check that your user has permissions to access the tools in the Discover application.
                      • 8. Re: IAP Workbench 3.1.1
                        Brett R-Oracle
                        Open webstudio.properties and check for correct values of:

* com.endeca.webstudio.eac.hostname
                        * com.endeca.webstudio.eac.port (e.g. 8888)
                        * com.endeca.webstudio.eac.useHttps (e.g. false)

Also check that there haven't been any unexpected hostname or DNS changes which may have effected these values, or that may require a Tools service restart.

Best
                        Brett
                        • 9. Re: IAP Workbench 3.1.1
                          User387251
                          Hi Brett,

All the components are in same host. I checked the property file and they all have correct hostname mentioned in the property file and also in the AppConfig.XML. The application name is not "Discover", does it matter?

Thanks,
                          RP

Edited by: 924798 on 10-Feb-2013 17:40
                          • 10. Re: IAP Workbench 3.1.1
                            PradeepKPathak
                            << <property name="webStudioHost" value="hostname" />
                            Did you try this with localhost for "hostname" or IP address?
                            • 11. Re: IAP Workbench 3.1.1
                              User387251
                              Hi,
                              I have tried with hostname and "localhost". And that didn't help as well. I have deployed the application using deployment template 3.2.2 not based on discovery app template but based on wine app. Does it make any difference?

Thanks,
                              RP
                              • 12. Re: IAP Workbench 3.1.1
                                Kristen G-Oracle
                                Yes, you'll need to use the deployment template that is included in the Tool&Frameworks package. Previous versions of the deployment template that were installed separately do not know how to communicate with the endeca configuration repository that is part of Workbench 3.1.x - therefore your app isn't getting entries created in that repository which is needed in order to see it in Workbench.
                                • 13. Re: IAP Workbench 3.1.1
                                  User387251
                                  Hi,

Thanks and I will create based on the discover app template. However, the workbench v3.1.1 doesn't have an option to create "application". Is that functionality is removed from this version?

Regards,
                                  RP
                                  • 14. Re: IAP Workbench 3.1.1
                                    User387251
                                    Thanks and that fixed my inital issue. I could see the app in workbench however I don't see the thesaurus entries from workbench is getting reflected back into the application.

Regards,
                                    RP
                                    1 2 Previous Next