This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2013 6:37 AM by jkavia RSS

Pension Auto Enrolment: Applying Transitional Period - 30th Sep 2017

jkavia Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I have a query around PAE I'm hoping someone can help with.
We have a staging date of 1st Feb 2013, however we want to apply the transitional period allowed auto enrolment for all employees as at our staging date to be deferred until 1st October 2017 (I understand the letters detailing this needs to be sent to affected employees within 1 month of the staging date).

Postponement until 2017 can possibly be done by setting the postponement date on the Pensions Information element entry against each assignment, but that would mean changing each element entry to amend this (via an API probably).

Does anyone familar with the PAE configuration know of a simpler solution to this?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks, Jay
  • 1. Re: Pension Auto Enrolment: Applying Transitional Period - 30th Sep 2017
    clive_t Pro
    Hi

What about applying a default to your PI element link(s)?

Clive
  • 2. Re: Pension Auto Enrolment: Applying Transitional Period - 30th Sep 2017
    jkavia Newbie
    Hi Clive,

A default could be added to the PI element link, but then this would apply to all assignments (the element entry needs to be on each assignment so we're making it standard and linked to all Payrolls).

The postponement until 2017 should only be set up for employee's as at the staging date, 1st Feb.
    Any new employees after 1st Feb cannot be postponed until 2017, we are however planning to Postpone until April 2013 for them (up to 3 months allowed).

Thanks, Jay
  • 3. Re: Pension Auto Enrolment: Applying Transitional Period - 30th Sep 2017
    clive_t Pro
    True, but then how many new starters will that involve? Could you not manually change the postponement date for these?

Alternatively, might it be possible to date-effectively change the link(s) from 1st Feb, to alter the default to be 1st April 2013? As long as you haven't made it a hot default, existing defaults should be unaffected.

Clive

Edited by: clive_t on 08-Feb-2013 09:45
  • 4. Re: Pension Auto Enrolment: Applying Transitional Period - 30th Sep 2017
    jkavia Newbie
    Finally found a minute to test this out, and looks like it works. Not sure of the default Postponement Type for the updated link (EJH/Worker) but I may leave this and the date blank, set the Postponement rules to Next Payroll Period, and run in March 2013 - which should Postpone all with end date of 31-MAR-2013 and set the Type correctly.

Delete All "Pensions Information" element entries
    Delete (Purge) "Pensions Information" Element Link

Staging Date: 01-FEB-2013
    Create "Pensions Information" Element link, from 31-JAN-2013 (Standard, Link To All Payrolls)
    Postponement Type: DB Scheme Postponement
    Postponement End Date: 30-SEP-2017 (transition period)
    *Save

Check Entries: From 31-JAN-2013 to 31-DEC-4712
    Input Values set as defined in Link

Date Track to 01-FEB-2013
    Update "Pensions Information" Element Link
    Postponement Type: Eligible Job Holder Postponement
    Postponement End Date: 31-MAR-2013
    *Save

Check Entry: From 31-JAN-2013 to 31-DEC-4712
    Input Values remain the same

Create New Secondary Assignment from 01-FEB-2013.
    Check Entry: From 01-FEB-2013 to 31-DEC-4712
    Postponement Type: Eligible Job Holder Postponement
    Postponement End Date: 31-MAR-2013

So, all assignments as of 31-JAN-2013 will have transition postponement applied, and all assignments after this date will have the standard postponement applied to 31-MAR-2013.

Thanks for your help, Jay
  • 5. Re: Pension Auto Enrolment: Applying Transitional Period - 30th Sep 2017
    892288 Explorer
    Hi

Can u please tell me where can we define Postponment type and date , i am using UK HRMS , i cant see that any where
  • 6. Re: Pension Auto Enrolment: Applying Transitional Period - 30th Sep 2017
    jkavia Newbie
    With PAE, Oracle have provided a seeded element called "Pensions Information", you need to add an element link (one or many), to link this to all relevant assignments.
    We've linked it to All Payrolls, Standard.

Once you've done this, you'll be able to see the Postponement Type and Date on the Element Entry Input Values for "Pensions Information".

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points