This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2013 11:49 PM by 858760 RSS

rep-50125 NullpointerException

858760 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

Oracle 11g : 11.1.2

I follow the document to create report server but i am getting the above error.

Steps :
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6.1.3 Alternative Methods of Starting and Stopping Reports Server
If you choose not to run Reports Server through OPMN and maintain it through Oracle Enterprise Manager, you can use these older methods of running Reports Server:

•Starting the In-process Server (Windows and UNIX)

•Starting Reports Server from a Command Line (Windows and UNIX)

•Stopping Reports Server

Important:

Beginning with Oracle Reports 10g Release 2 (10.1.2), running Reports Server as a Windows service is no longer supported, as mentioned at the beginning of this section.
6.1.3.1 Starting the In-process Server (Windows and UNIX)
If you are using Reports Server as an in-process server (the default configuration), sending a run report request starts the in-process server; however, if you are sending a request through a command line, the servlet must be invoked first using either the run report URL or the Web command URL. When you have successfully started the servlet, this also means you have successfully started the in-process server.

To directly start the in-process server from a URL, enter the following from your Web browser:

http://your_machine_name:your_port_num/reports/rwservlet/startserver
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
  • 1. Re: rep-50125 NullpointerException
    858760 Newbie
    and i try this also

6.1.3.2 Starting Reports Server from a Command Line (Windows and Linux)
    Before you start the Reports Server from command line, you must set the COMPONENT_CONFIG_DIRECTORY environment variable as follows:

COMPONENT_CONFIG_DIRECTORY=ORACLE_INSTANCE/config/ReportsServerComponent/<reports_server_name>

To start Reports Server as a standalone server on Windows, use the following command:

rwserver server=server_name
    Add the BATCH command line keyword to start up the server without displaying dialog boxes or messages.

rwserver server=server_name batch=yes
    You can run this command on UNIX using the following syntax:

rwserver.sh server=server_name
    Or:

rwserver.sh server=server_name batch=yes
  • 2. Re: rep-50125 NullpointerException
    858760 Newbie
    Thanks i use opmn method and it's working.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points