9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 1:08 AM by Tshifhiwa RSS

navigate to next page based on lov selection

Tshifhiwa
      hi i have a situation where i have to select department name as lov and click button to navigate to next page and display information of that selected department in he next jsff page am in jdeveloper 11.1.1.6.0 how can i do that
        • 1. Re: navigate to next page based on lov selection
          in the line of fire
          Assuming that you are using Bounded task flow you can store the lov value in a memory scope. On the next page you can use the memory value and fire the query for the said VO and get the result.
          • 2. Re: navigate to next page based on lov selection
            Tshifhiwa
            how do i store the lov value in a memory scope do you have sample,yes am using Bounded task flow

Edited by: adf009 on 2013/02/09 8:20 PM

Edited by: adf009 on 2013/02/09 8:21 PM
            • 3. Re: navigate to next page based on lov selection
              Puthanampatti
              use af:setPropertyListener and/or pageFlowScope variables.
              • 4. Re: navigate to next page based on lov selection
                Timo Hahn
                I've posted a complete sample for this use case here: http://tompeez.wordpress.com/2013/02/09/jdeveloper-11-1-1-6-0-use-selection-in-lov-to-navigate-to-detail/

Timo
                • 5. Re: navigate to next page based on lov selection
                  Tshifhiwa
                  hi timo i follow your sample am not able to navigate to next page ,am able to display index
                  when i click next button am geting this error
                  JBO-25020: View row with key oracle.jbo.Key[2887 ] is not found in UpdUamOrganisation1Iterator.
                  Error     
                  View row with key oracle.jbo.Key[2887 ] is not found in UpdUamOrganisation1Iterator.

another thing i have to refresh in order to get new index why can't i just get new index when i make selection
                  Edited by: adf009 on 2013/02/12 5:08 PM

Edited by: adf009 on 2013/02/12 5:24 PM
                  • 6. Re: navigate to next page based on lov selection
                    Timo Hahn
                    Have you tried out the sample? Does the sample work?
                    If yes, then you should be able to figure out the difference. As we can't see the code (and it doesn't make sense to post it all here) you are the only one how can find the error.

What comes to mind is that you don't have defined a PK on the vo you are trying to find the row on. So that 's one thing to check.

Timo
                    • 7. Re: navigate to next page based on lov selection
                      Tshifhiwa
                      ok timo is working now ,but my problem is now am not able to display child records of a child records when i try to navigate for second time.and another thing if i don't refresh the page after i make selection in lov and try to navigate i get this error

the situation is
                      1.on page load i select organisationname in lov and navigate to next page,and able to display organisation details and child records details and child records details without a problem,
                      2.if i click back and navigate back to lov selection,i make another selection ,i must click refresh and able to navigate to next page,but this time it only display child records,but anything link to child records is not display this time
                      3.the link is like organisation->org_address->address .in the second navigating am not able to display address but am able to display org_address
                      java.lang.NullPointerException

ADF_FACES-60097:For more information, please see the server's error log for an entry beginning with: ADF_FACES-60096:Server Exception during PPR, #2
                      but if i refresh the page there is not problem

my log error is
                      javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException
                           at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:277)
                           at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
                           at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
                           at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:300)
                           at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
                           at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56)
                           at oracle.adf.model.servlet.ADFBindingFilter.doFilter(ADFBindingFilter.java:205)
                           at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.rich.RegistrationFilter.doFilter(RegistrationFilter.java:106)
                           at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl$FilterListChain.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:446)
                           at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.activedata.AdsFilter.doFilter(AdsFilter.java:60)
                           at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl$FilterListChain.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:446)
                           at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl._doFilterImpl(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:271)
                           at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:177)
                           at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter.doFilter(TrinidadFilter.java:92)
                           at oracle.adf.library.webapp.LibraryFilter.doFilter(LibraryFilter.java:179)
                           at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter$1.run(JpsAbsFilter.java:119)
                           at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                           at oracle.security.jps.util.JpsSubject.doAsPrivileged(JpsSubject.java:315)
                           at oracle.security.jps.ee.util.JpsPlatformUtil.runJaasMode(JpsPlatformUtil.java:442)
                           at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter.runJaasMode(JpsAbsFilter.java:103)
                           at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter.doFilter(JpsAbsFilter.java:171)
                           at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsFilter.doFilter(JpsFilter.java:71)
                           at oracle.dms.servlet.DMSServletFilter.doFilter(DMSServletFilter.java:139)
                           at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestEventsFilter.doFilter(RequestEventsFilter.java:27)
                           at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.wrapRun(WebAppServletContext.java:3715)
                           at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3681)
                           at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
                           at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)
                           at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2277)
                           at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2183)
                           at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1454)
                           at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
                           at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)
                      Caused by: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: java.lang.NullPointerException
                           at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.MethodExpressionMethodBinding.invoke(MethodExpressionMethodBinding.java:51)
                           at com.sun.faces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:102)
                           at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXCommand.broadcast(UIXCommand.java:190)
                           at oracle.adf.view.rich.component.fragment.UIXRegion.broadcast(UIXRegion.java:148)
                           at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.broadcastEvents(LifecycleImpl.java:1018)
                           at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl._executePhase(LifecycleImpl.java:386)
                           at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:194)
                           at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:265)
                           ... 38 more
                      Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
                           at OrgDetails.showSelectedOrg(OrgDetails.java:1693)
                           at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                           at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                           at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                           at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                           at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.invoke(Unknown Source)
                           at com.sun.el.MethodExpressionImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
                           at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.MethodExpressionMethodBinding.invoke(MethodExpressionMethodBinding.java:46)
                           ... 45 more

when i locate the error is in this line  Row lFromList = (Row)list.getValueFromList(selid); but when i refresh the page am able to navigate to next page
                      Edited by: adf009 on 2013/02/13 10:36 AM

Edited by: adf009 on 2013/02/13 1:23 PM
                      • 8. Re: navigate to next page based on lov selection
                        Timo Hahn
                        Again, have you tried out the sample? Does the sample work?
                        Do you see the same kind of error in the sample?
                        If the sample works you have a problem in your application we can't see.

Timo
                        • 9. Re: navigate to next page based on lov selection
                          Tshifhiwa
                          thanks its working now,i forget to put partialTriggers="soc1"/>