4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2013 12:05 PM by EdStevens RSS

tns-12560 + oracle 10g client to oracle 11g database server

user12194321
      Hi

i am getting the error tns-12650 TNS protocal adpter error while connectiing from oracle 10g client to oracle 11g database ,

i am able to ping the server and tnsping is not working from client

in the server listener is up and running find

appreciated some inputs on this

Thanks
        • 1. Re: tns-12560 + oracle 10g client to oracle 11g database server
          sb92075
          user12194321 wrote:
          Hi

i am getting the error tns-12650 TNS protocal adpter error while connectiing from oracle 10g client to oracle 11g database ,

i am able to ping the server and tnsping is not working from client

in the server listener is up and running find

appreciated some inputs on this

Thanks
          unfortunately, TNS-12560 is a rather generic error that results from any number of mis-configurations.

What is OS name & version that run Oracle client software?
          Exactly what & how did the Oracle software get deployed onto client system?
          • 2. Re: tns-12560 + oracle 10g client to oracle 11g database server
            user12194321
            Hi Thanks for the quick response
            In Client machine(WIndows 2003 server) installed Oracle 10G client and it's connecting to Oracle 11G database server( Which is on Linux).
            Oracle 11G database and Listener up and running even we are able perform tnsping from 11G server and same oracle tnsnames.ora file copied to client machine.
            from client machine we are able ping server but for tnsping we are getting the error message
            TNS 12560 TNS protocal adpter error

In client machine sqlnet.ora file configured properly.

Please help
            • 3. Re: tns-12560 + oracle 10g client to oracle 11g database server
              sb92075
              client system or client software is mis-configured is all I can conclude.
              • 4. Re: tns-12560 + oracle 10g client to oracle 11g database server
                EdStevens
                user12194321 wrote:
                Hi Thanks for the quick response
                In Client machine(WIndows 2003 server) installed Oracle 10G client and it's connecting to Oracle 11G database server( Which is on Linux).
                Oracle 11G database and Listener up and running even we are able perform tnsping from 11G server and same oracle tnsnames.ora file copied to client machine.
                from client machine we are able ping server but for tnsping we are getting the error message
                TNS 12560 TNS protocal adpter error

In client machine sqlnet.ora file configured properly.

Please help
                Instead of describing the error, how about showing the error.
                On the client machine, open a command prompt and execute your failed tnsping command. Then copy and paste the entire session - full command and full response, and paste to your next post.
                Also, show us the entire contents of the tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora from the failing client machine.