This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2013 4:15 AM by SanjeevaTimmareddy RSS

ODI Sax Exception

SanjeevaTimmareddy Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have a very complex XSD which I am trying to reverse engineer and getting a error as follows..

----------------
java.sql.SQLException: ODI-40738: A SAXException was caught while reading the model saying: Type {0} was not foundgml:AbstractGMLType(cause: com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.xml.model.exceptions.SnpsXmlTypeNotFoundException: Type {0} was not foundgml:AbstractGMLType)
     at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.doGetConnection(LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.java:133)
     at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.getConnection(LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.java:62)
     at com.sunopsis.sql.SnpsConnection.testConnection(SnpsConnection.java:1125)
     at com.sunopsis.graphical.dialog.SnpsDialogTestConnet.getLocalConnect(SnpsDialogTestConnet.java:163)
     at com.sunopsis.graphical.dialog.SnpsDialogTestConnet.access$4(SnpsDialogTestConnet.java:159)
     at com.sunopsis.graphical.dialog.SnpsDialogTestConnet$4.doInBackground(SnpsDialogTestConnet.java:519)
     at com.sunopsis.graphical.dialog.SnpsDialogTestConnet$4.doInBackground(SnpsDialogTestConnet.java:1)
     at oracle.odi.ui.framework.AbsUIRunnableTask.run(AbsUIRunnableTask.java:258)
     at oracle.ide.dialogs.ProgressBar.run(ProgressBar.java:655)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ODI-40738: A SAXException was caught while reading the model saying: Type {0} was not foundgml:AbstractGMLType(cause: com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.xml.model.exceptions.SnpsXmlTypeNotFoundException: Type {0} was not foundgml:AbstractGMLType)
     at com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.xml.SnpsXmlDTD.initialize(SnpsXmlDTD.java:338)
     at com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.xml.SnpsXmlDTD.initialize(SnpsXmlDTD.java:473)
     at com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.xml.SnpsXmlDTD.<init>(SnpsXmlDTD.java:126)
     at com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.xml.SnpsXmlSchema.<init>(SnpsXmlSchema.java:494)
     at com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.xml.SnpsXmlSchemaManager.createNewSchema(SnpsXmlSchemaManager.java:295)
     at com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.xml.SnpsXmlSchemaManager.getSchemaFromProperties(SnpsXmlSchemaManager.java:273)
     at com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.xml.SnpsXmlDriver.connect(SnpsXmlDriver.java:116)
     at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnectionFromDriver(DriverManagerDataSource.java:410)
     at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnectionFromDriver(DriverManagerDataSource.java:386)
     at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnectionFromDriver(DriverManagerDataSource.java:353)
     at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnection(DriverManagerDataSource.java:332)
     at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.doGetConnection(LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.java:99)
     at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.getConnection(LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.java:62)
     at oracle.odi.core.datasource.dwgobject.support.OnConnectOnDisconnectDataSourceAdapter.getConnection(OnConnectOnDisconnectDataSourceAdapter.java:74)
     at oracle.odi.jdbc.datasource.LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter$ConnectionProcessor.run(LoginTimeoutDatasourceAdapter.java:217)
     at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
     ... 1 more

-----------------

But the all the xsd'd are valid ( I loaded them in Altova XMLspy).

The parameters I used are

JDBC Driver : com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.xml.SnpsXmlDriver
JDBC URL: jdbc:snps:xml?f=D:/stj/bag/9999MUT01042011-02042011-000001.xml&d=D:/stj/bag/20120413bag-vs_schemas_diverse_diensten/bag-verstrekkingen/extract-deelbestand-mutaties-lvc/v20090901/BagvsExtractDeelbestandMutatieLvc-1.4.xsd&ro=false&re=BAG-Mutaties-Deelbestand-LVC&s=BAG&cs=false.

I have tried with other models in the project with simple xsd'd and it worked.

What could be the problem?

regards
Sanjeeva TJ
  • 1. Re: ODI Sax Exception
    662012 Newbie
    Hi Sanjeeva,

whithout the XSD I can't say with certainty what is causing this issue. ODI up to 11.1.1.6 has a number of XSD restrictions. One of them is that a type definition has to be placed before it is used in an XSD. You can check in your XSD where AbstractGMLType is defined and where it is used, all uses need to be located after the definition. You can read more about the limitations in the support note 740621.1 at http://support.oracle.com.

Regards,
    Alex
  • 2. Re: ODI Sax Exception
    SanjeevaTimmareddy Newbie
    Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply.

We have tried with sample XSD where the reference is made first and the type is declared later and it worked.
    The sample XSd we have used is:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
    <xs:element name="EMPLOYEE" type="empType"/>
    <xs:complexType name="empType">
    <xs:sequence>
    <xs:element ref="ID"/>
    </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>
    <xs:element name="ID" type="idType" />
    <xs:complexType name="idType">
    <xs:sequence>
    <xs:element name="idd" type="xs:string"/>
    </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>

</xs:schema>

XSD is huge so cant send.I can pass the whole set if you give me email id.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points