This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2013 8:39 PM by Damir Vadas RSS

Problem with LOGIN_THROTTLE.COUNTER on login page

Damir Vadas Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi!

I have login page (desktop, Theme 25) which was a little modified by me. I'm using custom_auth against mine table of users.

Now seems to be running "strange".

Problem seems to be LOGIN_THROTTLE.COUNTER which shows popup but is not down counting (it's freezed with numbers to started number).
Consequence is that I cannot login even when I pass correct credentials.

Comparing your demo app login and mine login page i saw that in mine login page misses the whole bunch of js:
function popupSessionInfo(){var w = open("f?p=4000:34:4600637698482:PAGE:NO:34:F4000_P34_SESSION,F4000_P34_FLOW,F4000_P34_PAGE,FB_FLOW_ID:800543776008,21299,101,21299","winLov","Scrollbars=1,resizable=1,width=700,height=450");if (w.opener == null){w.opener = self;}w.focus();}
function popupViewDebug(){var w = open("f?p=4000:19:4600637698482:::RIR,19:IR_APPLICATION_ID,IR_PAGE_ID:21299,101","winLov","Scrollbars=1,resizable=1,width=700,height=450");if (w.opener == null){w.opener = self;}w.focus();}
apex.jQuery( document ).ready( function() {
until part that starts with:

Apex.jQuery( document ).ready( function() {
which is the same. Missing part is obviously part for throttle counter.

I have tried all browser and they are all the same as result.

I have investigate more and found out that mine Session State Protection -> by Page, shows for login page it is "Dynamic Form" not login type. I'm pretty sure that I have edited original login page and after finding this recreate (delete old and create new Login page) which somehow seems not to be login page.
I'm pretty confused because before such a thing was't happened because before "throttle" was introduced I had no such an errors ... or I was not awre of them.
:-)

Any help or suggestion?

Damir Vadas
http://damir-vadas.blogspot.com
Apex 4.2.1.00.08
Oracle 11.2.0.3 x64
Apex listener 2.0.0.354.17.05
  • 1. Re: Problem with LOGIN_THROTTLE.COUNTER on login page
    Damir Vadas Newbie
    Hi !
    small contribution to this issue. I just found out that if you change original login process in login form:
    apex_authentication.login(
        p_username => :P1121_USERNAME,
        p_password => :P1121_PASSWORD );
    to
    wwv_flow_custom_auth_std.login(
        P_UNAME       => v('P1121_USERNAME'),
        P_PASSWORD    => :P1121_PASSWORD,
        P_SESSION_ID  => v('APP_SESSION'),
        P_FLOW_PAGE   => :APP_ID||':'||:G_USER_DEFAULT_PAGE
        );
    in session protection this page is not login but "Dynamic Form".

The result is all what I wrote in previous post about consequence.

I do not understand why mine Login Page (initially) is using "apex_authentication.login" method instead of one that I want??? I really need wwv_flow_custom_auth_std.login method because I have mine redirection after login (user may customize it's own start page after successful login).

Rg,
    Damir Vadas

P.S.
    When you return initial login process, page is again Login and have all js that is needed. Strange at all!
  • 2. Re: Problem with LOGIN_THROTTLE.COUNTER on login page
    scott.wesley Guru
    So you've modified the login page somehow, possibly recreating it - and now things are going wrong?

First - if you want to authenticate against your own table, it's much easier to leave the login page alone and use a custom authentication scheme.

Second - if you would like the user to land on their own page, I personally find it a lot easier to define a branch that handles that decision making separately - perhaps from something determined during post-authentication.

Scott
  • 3. Re: Problem with LOGIN_THROTTLE.COUNTER on login page
    Damir Vadas Newbie
    So you've modified the login page somehow, possibly recreating it - and now things are going wrong?
    Yes.

First and second option is something I do not want to take in consideration because we have many apps which works very well on 4.0 version.
    Changing logic is the last step I'd like to do-please understand me ...it was working before and now is not.

Steps that bother me is explained in Wiered security on login page, change page alias change page type thread more widelly. Even title looks more promising to keep attention someone from Oracle development or more public....

So I'll close this thread as answered and continue to maintain mentioned topic.

THX for your reply.
    Damir Vadas
  • 4. Re: Problem with LOGIN_THROTTLE.COUNTER on login page
    scott.wesley Guru
    What is the variable here? You upgraded to 4.2 and now seeing issues, or you modified how your login process worked?

Is this particular thread really closed? Why have you opened up two other related threads?
  • 5. Re: Problem with LOGIN_THROTTLE.COUNTER on login page
    Damir Vadas Newbie
    Scott,
    Thank you for your reply.

You can see dates of initial creation of post. Problem with LOGIN_THROTTLE.COUNTER on login page was the first on.
    This is the first point where I saw problems initially.

Investigating further I found all what was written in second one Wiered security on login page, change page alias change page type which, in the moment of writing, I was not aware that is in correlation withe this one. Then Christian answered me and I connect issues in first and second and obviosly "throttle" was closed because all was clear. Reference in it was just for someone in the future if come to this thread to find quicker the answer ... no more no less.

Last issue Manually recreate login mobile page problem is, IMHO, totally different case as previous two.

Now when I hopefully clear the history, let me answer your questions.
    scott.wesley (grassroots-oracle.com) wrote:
    Is this particular thread really closed?
    Yes and explained why.
    Why have you opened up two other related threads?
    IMHO, once again, third is totally different issue.

Let this topic die in peace ... not opening it again ...

rg
    Damir Vadas

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points