3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 4:53 PM by vladodias RSS

OSB: How doOutboundWss gets set?

Ashish Rane
      Hi,

I want to know how doOutboundWss gets set in OSB.

I read oracle docs and they said:

1. If doOutboundWss is true, the proxy service applies WSS (that is, sign and/or encrypt and/or add security tokens) to the outbound message according to the WS-policy of the target service.

2. If the target service does not have a WSS policy, doOutboundWss is set to false.

How will proxy service know about the policies at target service without reaching to Target Service?

Regards,
      Ashish
        • 1. Re: OSB: How doOutboundWss gets set?
          vladodias
          How will proxy service know about the policies at target service without reaching to Target Service?
          The policy should be in the wsdl you used to define the service...
          • 2. Re: OSB: How doOutboundWss gets set?
            Ashish Rane
            Hi,

I did not quite get you.

As doOutboundWss gets set before invokation, even if the policy is in wsdl, how does calling proxy know that before invoking the called proxy.
            • 3. Re: OSB: How doOutboundWss gets set?
              vladodias
              Ashish Rane wrote:
              As doOutboundWss gets set before invokation, even if the policy is in wsdl, how does calling proxy know that before invoking the called proxy.
              I also don't understand what's the issue here... Oracle Service Bus sets the value of doOutboundWss automatically during routing or publishing... If the policy is in the wsdl, OSB will know it, as the wsdl is created/imported at design time...

When one proxy service invokes another proxy service (such as a local proxy) that contains Oracle Web Services Manager service policies, outbound WS-Security processing does not occur. OSB handles that behavior automatically and does not use the doOutboundWss property.
              http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/admin.1111/e15867/context.htm#CHDEGCCH

If you need to disable outbound WS-Security processing go through this...
              http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/dev.1111/e15866/message_level.htm#i1081385

Cheers,
              Vlad