3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 12:35 PM by JohnGoodwin RSS

User Tracking in Essbase 11.1.2.2

Don'Tknow999-Oracle
      My client requires the follwing information from Essbase. I can get the below information when i expand my security and click on display user table. however is there any maxl command which would give the below information in 11.1.2.2 when i say "display user all" it does not provide all the information. Kindly help me.

ServerName
      SystemName
      ActiveFlag
      LoginName
      Name
      LoginStatus
      EmailAddress
      ExpiratonDate
      LastLoginDate
      AdditionalInfo

Regards,
      AS
        • 1. Re: User Tracking in Essbase 11.1.2.2
          name_and_address_withheld
          I have written stuff using the API to get that info, as like you, I found that maxl fell short. The old ESSCMD "GETUSERINFO" (which still works in 9.3.1) provides more or less the info you listed

User Name
          Description
          Email
          Locked out (yes/no)
          Change the password now (yes/no)
          Access Level
          Password expiration in days
          Last successful login
          failed login attempts since then
          login id

However that command requires a username e.g. GETUSERINFO testuser;

The gurus on here will probably know for sure if there is a command out there.
          • 2. Re: User Tracking in Essbase 11.1.2.2
            Don'Tknow999-Oracle
            Hi,

Thanks for the info. If possible,can you kindly share the API to me as this is my production server and its very urgent for our auditing purpose. can you share to my mail id which is vijay.hyperion@gmail.com
            • 3. Re: User Tracking in Essbase 11.1.2.2
              JohnGoodwin
              You need to double check what is stored in the essbase.sec file because from 11.1.2.x some of it may be stored and retrieved from Shared Services, still think the esscmd getuserinfo is valid though as for some strange reason it returns more info than with Maxl (well it used to not checked in 11.1.2.2)
              Also worth seeing if the log analyzer stores what you are after as you will be able to query the information from a relational table though I admit its not the best.

Cheers

John
              http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/