This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 12, 2013 8:16 AM by Daniel Merchán RSS

wireframes to portal look and feel

user5636757 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hi,

i am working on a webcenter portal application.

as usual, we have got wireframes (html prototypes) from customer which has html, js and css files.

now i have to produce same kind of look and feel on webcenter portal.

please suggest what shall i do?

is this recommended way?

i copy content of css file which i got as part of wireframes into portal-skin.css file, now i use html components (div, ul, li, p etc) in page template and other jspx pages (reference could be the html files which i got in wireframes).

please suggest.
  • 1. Re: wireframes to portal look and feel
    Daniel Merchán Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi.

You can select two ways:
    - Continue with your HTML + CSS and create templates based directly on wireframes. Faster and easier solution for non-adf people.
    - Translate your wireframes to a ADF Templates and use ADF Skinning to achieve the styles. Slower and hard if you don't have much experience with it.

About the solution of maintain HTML + CSS:
    - Maintain your structure of CSS, images and JS in separated folders of skin folder (In Web Content or in project PortalWebAssets).
    - In Skin files (like portal-skin.css) change ADF Skinning of components only. Is the best way to maintain the hierarchy of adf skins.

About the solution full ADF:
    - Read this document about full ADF Skin and Templates: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/webcenter/portal/learnmore/pagetemplates-1438595.pdf

More info:
    - In adf-config.xml you can provide rewrite rules to search your static-files when you are using Web Server (OHS) to server static-files.

I hope this help you.
    Regards.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points