as usual, we have got wireframes (html prototypes) from customer which has html, js and css files.
now i have to produce same kind of look and feel on webcenter portal.
please suggest what shall i do?
is this recommended way?
i copy content of css file which i got as part of wireframes into portal-skin.css file, now i use html components (div, ul, li, p etc) in page template and other jspx pages (reference could be the html files which i got in wireframes).
You can select two ways:
- Continue with your HTML + CSS and create templates based directly on wireframes. Faster and easier solution for non-adf people.
- Translate your wireframes to a ADF Templates and use ADF Skinning to achieve the styles. Slower and hard if you don't have much experience with it.
About the solution of maintain HTML + CSS:
- Maintain your structure of CSS, images and JS in separated folders of skin folder (In Web Content or in project PortalWebAssets).
- In Skin files (like portal-skin.css) change ADF Skinning of components only. Is the best way to maintain the hierarchy of adf skins.
About the solution full ADF:
- Read this document about full ADF Skin and Templates: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/webcenter/portal/learnmore/pagetemplates-1438595.pdf
- In adf-config.xml you can provide rewrite rules to search your static-files when you are using Web Server (OHS) to server static-files.