1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 6:40 AM by Osama_Mustafa RSS

emca -config dbcontrol db + Can't find file emoms.properties

user12194321
      HI,

Recently we upgradated the database from oracle 11.2.0 to 11.2.0.3 afte that i am unable to start the oem

now i am configuring the dbcontrol by the following command:

emca -config dbcontrol db

but getting the error
      Please enter repository password:
      Exception caught

Feb 13, 2013 12:04:54 PM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.PlatformInterface executeCommandExitValue
      CONFIG: stty: standard input: Invalid argument
      stty: standard input: Invalid argument
      Can't find file /orahome/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/db_1/youtele_pindb/sysman/config/emoms.properties
      java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't find file /orahome/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/db_1/youtele_pindb/sysman/config/emoms.properties
              at oracle.sysman.emSDK.conf.ConfigManager.processProperties(ConfigManager.java:1154)
              at oracle.sysman.emSDK.conf.ConfigManager.processProperties(ConfigManager.java:1127)
              at oracle.sysman.eml.sec.rep.EmKeyUtil.<init>(EmKeyUtil.java:111)
              at oracle.sysman.eml.sec.rep.EmKeyUtil.main(EmKeyUtil.java:507)
      log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (sec.rep.EmKeyUtil).
      log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Feb 13, 2013 12:04:54 PM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.DBControlUtil copyEmkeyToRepos
      SEVERE: Error copying Em Key to Management Repository. The Em Key is not configured properly or is corrupted in the file system and does not exist in the Management Repository. To correct the problem:

1) Copy the emkey.ora file from another OMS or backup machine to the /orahome/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/db_1/sysman/config and run following commands:

i) /orahome/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/db_1/bin/emctl config emkey -emkeyfile /orahome/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/db_1/sysman/config/emkey.ora  -force

ii) /orahome/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/db_1/bin/emctl  config emkey -copy_to_repos

iii) Run EM Configuration Assistant again

2) If emkey.ora is not available from backup, run /orahome/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/db_1/bin/emca with -repos create option
      Appreciated inputs on the above errors

Thanks