3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2013 5:43 PM by patfmnd RSS

APEX integrated with CAS (Central Authentication Service)

User475633-OC
      Hi all,
      Does anybody have experience in implementing CAS (Central Authentication Service) SSO for APEX 4.x over Oracle HTTP Server?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: APEX integrated with CAS (Central Authentication Service)
          TexasApexDeveloper
          Have you checked the past threads for this subject?? :

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=CAS+SSO&objID=f137&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

Thank you,

Tony Miller
          Ruckersville, VA
          • 2. Re: APEX integrated with CAS (Central Authentication Service)
            User475633-OC
            Yes i have checked the threads.

I'm trying to use the JASIG's Apache client mod_auth_cas, but i don't succeed.

In JASIG site indicate that this mod Apache is available for windows but there are many problems to generate the dll. I'll have to use a Unix.
            I wonder if anyone has used mod_auth_cas (Windows or Unix).
            I would also like to know whether to use the API pl / sql Yale instead of mod_auth_cas.

In any case, I wish someone would give me a real solution that works.

I'm using APEX 4.2 - 4.2.1, and OHS (Oracle HTTP Server) 11g.

Thank you very much!
            • 3. Re: APEX integrated with CAS (Central Authentication Service)
              patfmnd
              Hi,
              We have successfully implemented CAS authentication on Weblogic using Apex Listener 2.1. We used the web.xml file to add a CAS filter.

This is a different approach than given in the Yale CAS documentation--which uses pl/sql. Our approach does the AuthN at the App server and passes the 'remote_user' to Apex's 'Http Header' type authentication.

Our challenge now is to see how to also filter for Group attributes from our Active Directory. I will posting that thread shortly!

Pat