This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 2:23 AM by user123 RSS

OBIEE 11g - way to disable dashboard prompt?

SPowell42 Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi, I'd like to have a dashboard prompt with two different controls on it to pick date ranges.

Control 1 would contain radio buttons with the values "Today", "This Week", "This Month", "This Year", or "Custom"
Control 2 would allow a user to enter two dates and the reports will do a "between"

I would like Control 2 to be disabled - grayed out, not showing up, or something, unless a user chooses "Custom" in Control 1. Is this possible in OBIEE 11g?

Thanks,
Scott
  • 1. Re: OBIEE 11g - way to disable dashboard prompt?
    SPowell42 Journeyer
    Hi, does anyone have any potential work arounds for this?

Thanks,
    Scott
  • 2. Re: OBIEE 11g - way to disable dashboard prompt?
    user123 Newbie
    Create two dashboard Prompts.
    1.The first one containing radio buttons with the values "Today", "This Week", "This Month", "This Year", or "Custom"
    2.The second one will contain your date column
    3.Create an intermediate report.Put a filter using Advanced SQL filter in this report as '@{RADIO}{All}'='Custom' <RADIO --->presentation variable>
    4.On the dashboard page put two sections, in the first section place the first dashboard prompt.inthe second section place the second prompt(containing the date column)
    5.The first section should be visible when the rowcount of the intermediate report is Zero.The secoind section should show when the rowcount of intermediate report is greater than Zero.
    6.put a is prompted filter for the date column in the main report

let me know if this helps.

Wahid

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points