This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 10:55 AM by frank1018 RSS

How to add object groups to a form ?

frank1018 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I'm working on my forms on Linux , Oracle Builder Version 11.1.2.1.0 .

Now I want to use Webutil Library. after attaching the library to a form, I need to add the Webutil.olb to Object Groups of that form.

The documentation instructs to drag the object file to the Object Groups node of the form. But I cannot drag the file from a folder to the node.

Actually drag any files to open in Forms Builder is not doable in Linux version.

I also tried to open the Webutil.olb first, it appears under Object Libraries, click the file and drag to the form's node, didn't work.

Anybody knows how to add the object to a form in Linux Version Oracle Builder ?

Thank you !
  • 1. Re: How to add object groups to a form ?
    FrançoisDegrelle Oracle ACE
    Hello,

You don't drag any file. You open the Object Library in the Forms Builder, then you drag the object from that library to your Forms module.

Francois
  • 2. Re: How to add object groups to a form ?
    frank1018 Newbie
    Hi Francois:

I also tried that, seems like drag and drop didn't work in Forms Builder Linux Version.

Have you tried that successfully on Linux ?

I just tried on Windows Forms builder, still cannot drag the object from the library to my forms module, I can only drag its library tabs to other object library.
  • 3. Re: How to add object groups to a form ?
    HamidHelal Guru
    frank1018 wrote:
    I'm working on my forms on Linux , Oracle Builder Version 11.1.2.1.0 .

Now I want to use Webutil Library. after attaching the library to a form, I need to add the Webutil.olb to Object Groups of that form.

The documentation instructs to drag the object file to the Object Groups node of the form. But I cannot drag the file from a folder to the node.

Actually drag any files to open in Forms Builder is not doable in Linux version.

I also tried to open the Webutil.olb first, it appears under Object Libraries, click the file and drag to the form's node, didn't work.

Anybody knows how to add the object to a form in Linux Version Oracle Builder ?
    Hi Frank,
    Open webutil.olb
    Select Object Groups in form builder and hit Create
    now select the object group (newly created) and go properties and make subclass
    1. Select object
    2. select Module :WEBUTIL
    3. select object name: WEBUTIL

Now press ok and done..

attach webutil.pll and your are done.

Hope this works..

Hamid
  • 4. Re: How to add object groups to a form ?
    frank1018 Newbie
    Thank you for your help, I followed your instruction.

It has been added now.

Thanks again.

Edited by: frank1018 on Feb 14, 2013 10:54 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points