4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2013 4:48 AM by IHodgetts RSS

Open script 12.1.0.2 crashing frequently

hi

Open script 12.1.0.2 crashing frequently while switching from one view to another i.e as I switch from tree view to java code and vice versa.
      open script become unresponsive and I have to force close the tool. If any unsaved data remains it gets lost causing a lot of rework.

Please suggest me on this.

Thanks
      syed
        • 1. Re: Open script 12.1.0.2 crashing frequently
          Deepu Muraleedharan
          Hi,

Please don't try to work in OATS with a minimum configuration machine. Use a high configuration machine (with 4GB RAM and processor speed more than 2.4GHz ) even though specification suggest only 2GB of RAM. I'm also facing same issue in my desktop with a dual-core processor and 2GB RAM. But OATS in my laptop with 4GB RAM and core-i5 processor works fine.

Also don't install server components in your machine. That will slow down your machine.

Regards,
          Deepu M
          • 2. Re: Open script 12.1.0.2 crashing frequently
            IHodgetts
            I've had similar issues with the last couple of releases of OpenScript. The server hasn't changed but OpenScript has. The first warning signs are one of the view panes (results?) not refreshing properly. You can continue working for a while but soon end up with an unresponsive OpenScript.

NOTE: I also get the same problem running the install on my laptop.

I've just learned to live with it. From the behaviour I'd suspect a memory usage issue but haven't delved that deeply.
            • 3. Re: Open script 12.1.0.2 crashing frequently
              iceinvein
              Hi

In start menu find openscript shortcut > righ-click > properties > targets will display the arguments "C:\OracleATS\openScript\OpenScript.exe -configuration openscript_configuration -vm C:\OracleATS\openScript\jre\bin\javaw.exe -vmargs -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m" depending on your machine's capability increase the -Xmx. You'll notice the difference esp. when running large scripts or working with heavy AMF scripts.

Note : If you get java vm can't initialize error then reduce the number until you can start openscript.

Hope this helps
              • 4. Re: Open script 12.1.0.2 crashing frequently
                IHodgetts
                Mine was set as follows:

C:\OracleATS\openScript\OpenScript.exe -configuration openscript_configuration -vm C:\OracleATS\openScript\jre\bin\javaw.exe -vmargs -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

I've not had the issue recently, but have taken this opportunity to increase the -Xmx512m setting to -Xmx1024m.

I'll keep an eye on it, thanks!

Regards, Ian.