This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 4:51 AM by jiri.machotka RSS

User Access Issue in IPM11g!!

ManojC Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

In my IPM11g sandbox the 'weblogic' user was the installation user and we have created application,input and searches. Now if i login using weblogic credentials in IPM the create icon is not displayed. Please advise me what could be the reason for this. Since weblogic is a external user I am not able to assign any roles in UCM.

Regards,
Prabhu
  • 1. Re: User Access Issue in IPM11g!!
    Tushar Newbie
    Hello Prabhu,

I am giving you one note from the support site. This is not related directly to your issue, but you can try the solution part mentioned.

After Changing LDAP Providers, Users Are Not Picking Up Correct Rights or Permissions When Logging In (Doc ID 1132123.1)
  • 2. Re: User Access Issue in IPM11g!!
    jiri.machotka Guru
    the create icon is not displayed
    Create icon of what?
    Since weblogic is a external user I am not able to assign any roles in UCM.
    This could be a problem - certainly 'weblogic' will not be able to create/upload images (documents in UCM), then. Try to create a local user 'weblogic' and assign roles to him.
  • 3. Re: User Access Issue in IPM11g!!
    ManojC Explorer
    Hi Jiri,

The create icon for application,input and search in the navigation screen. Also the 'Manage Security' tab also not displayed. I have created a local user in UCM and added to IPMSYS_ADMIN role, but for that user also the create icon was not displayed.

In weblogic LDAP the roles specific to IPM is not listed under 'myrealm'. Do I have invetigate more on bringing IPM roles to weblogic LDAP.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks
  • 4. Re: User Access Issue in IPM11g!!
    jiri.machotka Guru
    I'd expect that your 'weblogic' is defined as an administrator, so "specific IPM roles" should not be necessary.

Overall, it looks that your system(s) are not fully configured. Take this http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/doc.1111/e14495/configipm.htm#CDEGEDCI as a starting point. However, it might be easier to start from the scratch rather than trying to find the error.
  • 5. Re: User Access Issue in IPM11g!!
    ManojC Explorer
    Hi Jiri,

The issue is resolved after executing refreshIPMsecurity() command using wlst from D:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_ECM1\common\bin.

Could you please provide your inputs for the below usecases in IPM.

UseCase1:
    In IPM i have creates an application called 'Invoice' for that I have created a field called 'PartyName'. I have to create an another application called 'Finance' and in that also i have to create a field called 'PartyName'. Is it possible to reuse the Invioce application field or do we need create fields in every application even if already exist..

UseCase 2:
    For the 'dDocName' i have to pass my desired value from external application, since these applications have some historical contents and we want to retain the same value in IPM as well. Please advise me how can we pass the dDocName(ContentID) via IPM.

Thanks
  • 6. Re: User Access Issue in IPM11g!!
    jiri.machotka Guru
    Glad you were able to resolve it.

ad UseCase1: AFAIK IPM auto-creates application fields as metadata in UCM, and it adds some identification of an application. So, OOTB it will be two different fields. Is there a chance to reuse existing fields? Possibly, yes - IPM Application Fields are nothing, but mapped to UCM metadata fields, but the manual http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/admin.1111/e12782/c04_applications.htm#CIHCJFEF does not mention any way how to reuse existing field.

ad UseCase2: see here: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/admin.1111/e12782/c08_ucm.htm#r2c1-t12 (Id in IPM is dDocName in UCM). I am not sure, if this approach is correct, though - Id/dDocName is a unique identifier of a document. If you want to keep it for legacy purposes, you might better store it to a searchable metadata. Alternatively, Ids for new items could follow the same logic.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points