This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2013 10:14 AM by r035198x Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Communicating between two EAR
    r035198x Pro
    Currently Being Moderated
    jtahlborn wrote:
    making recommendations to others without giving them the appropriate caveats is a bit disingenuous.
    I never recommended any option to the OP! I just listed a range of viable options. There isn't enough information here for any option to be recommended.
    Both options I mentioned still need research on the OP's part to find out which one is right or how to make the option work. For all we know the OP could be running a single server that is already setup for isolated class loading! (and in my experience this is not rare for production setups). For me there just isn't enough information to dismiss any of the options yet.
  • 16. Re: Communicating between two EAR
    gimbal2 Guru
    r035198x wrote:
    jtahlborn wrote:
    making recommendations to others without giving them the appropriate caveats is a bit disingenuous.
    I never recommended any option to the OP! I just listed a range of viable options.
    I don't want to make you feel like people are ganging up on you, but be honest here: you've been around long enough to know that people take an option listed as a recommendation to go ahead and do it. Just look at the amount of people that come here requiring an answer to "I have this career breaking decision to make, what do you bunch of strangers think I should do?" :/ Its like forums are holy grails to outsourcing decisions.
  • 17. Re: Communicating between two EAR
    r035198x Pro
    It's true that the fact that they are asking how to integrate the ears is itself a sign that no research has been done in this project because surely it would have been known before hand that the ears would need to communicate and an integration strategy chosen before the coding began.
    I just listed all applicable options that I know that can work without favoring any particular one. I didn't suggest local call to be the best option even though to be honest I still think it's as viable as any of the other options. To me there is simply no point debating which strategy is better here because the requirements do not give enough information.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points