4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 10:28 AM by 991116 RSS

Planning issue

Hi,
      I am a linux admin who was asked to install Hyperion planning 11.1.2.2 on a Linux x64 system. I have installed the same but when they ask me to stop the planning server, I don't see a stopPlanning.sh script which Oracle support says should be there. Anybody has faced this issue before. I go to Weblogic admin console and try to stop the deployment. After that I am not able to connect to Planning. I need to restart the entire EPM System with stop.sh (yes, that is there). Then run start.sh and everything works again. Please help me in getting the stopPlanning.sh and startPlanning.sh or at least a work around.
      Thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: Planning issue
          Pablo
          Did you look in the MIDDLEWARE_HOME/user_projects/epmsystem1/bin folder? You can try to re-deploy Planning and it "should" create those shell scripts.

Pablo
          • 2. Re: Planning issue
            I have checked in the same place. I have the Essbase, EPM, Eis, RaFramework and RMI scripts there, but not Planning. I have tried redeploying/reconfiguring/reinstalling. I have even reinstalled the entire system including the OS. I have downloaded the software from edelivery as well as technetwork. But nothing works.
            • 3. Re: Planning issue
              Pablo
              If you deployed to a single managed server then you would have a startEPMServer.sh which has all the weblogic servers in it. when you deploy your apps you can select to put all of them in one managed server (compact mode) or each server having its own managed server (Planning, FR, RA, etc) I think you chose compact mode.

Pablo
              • 4. Re: Planning issue
                I think that is the case.. Thanks for the help. I will check it out and get back tomorrow