This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2013 6:22 AM by jkallman RSS

unable to create workspace in apex 4.2.1. ORA-20001

rbaier Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I cannot create a new workspace in a newly installed apex 4.2.1 instance, nor can I import a workspace from another database (having apex 4.1).
The error is "ORA-20001: Error during the Packaged Application installation" when I try to create a new workspace.

I get an HTML-Error "The requested URL /pls/apxe/wwv_flow.accept was not found on this server." when I try to import a workspace.
The Apache logfile reads "mod_plsql: /pls/apxe/wwv_flow.accept HTTP-404 ORA-01536: space quota exceeded for tablespace 'SYSAUX'".

There are no space quotas defined for the apex schemas (APEX_040200, APEX_PUBLIC_USER, FLOWS_FILES), also the tablespace SYSAUX was not assigned to them.

Any ideas whats wrong here?

Kind regards
Roland
  • 1. Re: unable to create workspace in apex 4.2.1. ORA-20001
    jkallman Employee ACE
    Hi Roland,

Is there a chance that the database schema associated with the workspace has a default tablespace of SYSAUX?

Joel
  • 2. Re: unable to create workspace in apex 4.2.1. ORA-20001
    rbaier Newbie
    Hello Joel,

short answer: no.
    The workspace import does work on a similar 11g database, here using the apex listener instead of the Oracle HTTP Server.
    It may be woth mentioning how the proceeding was with apex 4.2.1. First, I installed Apex 4.2.0 to upgrade the version that came with Oracle database 11gR2. Then, being unsure if I could replace the images for apex 4.0.2 on the Webserver, i created a new entry in dads.conf and reset the image prefix from /i/ to /j/ using the "reset_image_prefix.sql" script that comes with apex. (The "images" of a new apex version, are they downwardly compatible ?). Then I installed the update to apex 4.2.1. When the problem upon importing/creating a workspace showed, I finally reset the image prefex to /i/ again.
    When I try to create a new workspace using an existing schema I get this error message :

Error provisioning WSNEW.
    ORA-20001: Error during the Packaged Application installation.

After clicking the button <Return to application> it reads "Workspace WSNEW provisioned with administrator ADMIN.". Only, the was no workspace created. And no error messages in the webservers access-log and error-log.

So, I am stuck now. Time for a new installation?

Kind regards
    Roland
  • 3. Re: unable to create workspace in apex 4.2.1. ORA-20001
    jkallman Employee ACE
    Hi Roland,

What system privileges have you granted to this database user (the "existing schema" you specified upon workspace creation)? Can you query DBA_SYS_PRIVS to get this information?

Joel
  • 4. Re: unable to create workspace in apex 4.2.1. ORA-20001
    rbaier Newbie
    Hello Joel,

the existing schema has been granted the following privileges:
    CREATE CLUSTER, CREATE TRIGGER, CREATE SEQUENCE, CREATE SYNONYM, CREATE JOB, CREATE OPERATOR, CREATE TYPE, CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW,
    CREATE DIMENSION, CREATE DATABASE LINK, CREATE TABLE, CREATE ANY CONTEXT, CREATE INDEXTYPE, CREATE PROCEDURE, CREATE VIEW

In the meantime I have uninstalled apex 4.2.1 and reinstalled apex 4.2.0. Now I can create a workspace manually, but still the import of a workspace fails.
    But this seems to be a known problem, "ORA-02291 Importing A Workspace Generated On Previous Versions Into APEX 4.2 [ID 1512025.1]", that should be fixed in apex 4.2.1.
    I will check this soon.

Kind regards
    Roland
  • 5. Re: unable to create workspace in apex 4.2.1. ORA-20001
    rbaier Newbie
    Hello Joel,

with apex 4.2.1 everything works fine now. With the previous installation of apex I had forgotten to apply the Apex 4.2.1 patch set again, after loading an additional translated version of apex. This could be one source of trouble.

Thank you for looking to my question.

Kind regards
    Roland
  • 6. Re: unable to create workspace in apex 4.2.1. ORA-20001
    jkallman Employee ACE
    Hi Roland,

Thanks for letting me (and us) know the successful resolution to your issue.

Good luck.

Joel

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points