This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2013 2:07 AM by Anuj Dwivedi RSS

New Managed Server SOA 11g

551071 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have installed 11.1.1.6 SOA.
It contains 1 Admin server and two manged servers.soa_server1,bam_server1 are manged servers.I want to add one more soa manged server.

Is it Possible to add existing schema(DEV_MDS) in SOA Environment.
How do approach to create additional manged server in this environment.Please guide me.

Thanks...
Desai.
  • 1. Re: New Managed Server SOA 11g
    Sanjay Bharatiya Newbie
    Hi Desai,

Didn't you try from the admin console? If it did not work try to extend the domain.

But why do you want to add another server?

Thanks,
    Sanjay
  • 2. Re: New Managed Server SOA 11g
    551071 Newbie
    Sanjay,

I need to keep 2 soa servers for deploying and managing BPEL service in different soa servers.2 Managed SOA servers can have 1 MDS schema?Is it possible in SOA 11g?That is my question.....

Thanks,
    Desai
  • 3. Re: New Managed Server SOA 11g
    Sanjay Bharatiya Newbie
    Hi Desai,

To manage and deploy your BPEL process in a better way you can create different partitions in the same server. Say if there 3 to 4 developers in your team and you as an administrator want to manage each of their process separately then you can create different partitions in the soa-server for each of the developer and ask them to deploy their processes in their own partition.

As far as question that 2 Managed SOA servers can have 1 MDS schema is concerned it will allow you to create another server it but you may face runtime issues.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Sanjay
  • 4. Re: New Managed Server SOA 11g
    Anuj Dwivedi Guru
    2 Managed SOA servers can have 1 MDS schema?Is it possible in SOA 11g
    Yes, it is possible. Make sure that both SOA servers are part of a cluster. You may refer -

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/web.1111/e13709/setup.htm#BABIICHD

If you created a SOA cluster while creating the domain then it will be straight forward as all the objects which are required for SOA Suite will be targetted to the SOA cluster and hence by just adding another managed server in the cluster, you can go ahead. If you did not create a cluster while creating the domain then it will require an expert to re-target all the objects accordingly.

Regards,
    Anuj

Edited by: Anuj Dwivedi on Feb 19, 2013 3:36 PM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points