This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 1:09 PM by Brandye Barrington RSS

CERTVIEW.ORACLE.COM IS NOT WORKING

jchristian Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Network Error (dns_unresolved_hostname)

Your requested host "www.certview.oracle.com" could not be resolved by DNS.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

I called pearsonview after clicking on the link in their email, and they told me to contact oracle support. Pls fix this.
  • 1. Re: certview.oracle.com is not resolving for someone
    bigdelboy Pro
    jchristian wrote:
    Network Error (dns_unresolved_hostname)

Your requested host "www.certview.oracle.com" could not be resolved by DNS.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

I called pearsonview after clicking on the link in their email, and they told me to contact oracle support. Pls fix this.
    certview.oracle.com is resolving for me currently. I can get to the site from the browser.

Also:

C:\> nslookup certview.oracle.com

Server: ispdns.example.com
    Address: 212.XXX.XXX.XXX

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name: bigip-education-redirect.oracle.com
    Address: 141.146.8.16
    Aliases: certview.oracle.com

I cannot be sure if an oracle bind server had an issue earilier, but in fact the problem was more likely to be with you or your networks ISP.

The problem is certainly not Pearson VUE's.

It is of course possible Oracle DNS's service is browny over a shortish period.

If your problem persists over a long period then it will almost certainly be your internet providers problem; given I see no problem at the moment.
  • 2. Re: CERTVIEW.ORACLE.COM IS NOT WORKING
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    @ O.P.,

My location: USA

When I try your link that begins with the "www", I also get a failure to find the supposed site.

However, if I remove that "www" and just browse to `certview.oracle.com` I get redirected to a usable CertView login at https://education.oracle.com

Due to my location, the URL ends up being ...
    https://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/ocp_interface.ocp_candidate_login?p_include=Y&p_org_id=1001&p_lang=US

Edit:
    they told me to contact oracle support. Pls fix this.
    These forums are NOT Oracle Support. Company employees occasionally peek inside posts but this is a Community forum web site. You chance not getting any speedy resolution when you post here, if you think you're going directly to Support.
    To get to Support, you would need to log a Support Request (SR) at:
    https://support.oracle.com

Edited by: rukbat on Feb 15, 2013 11:26 AM
  • 3. Re: CERTVIEW.ORACLE.COM IS NOT WORKING
    bigdelboy Pro
    rukbat wrote:
    @ O.P.,

My location: USA

When I try your link that begins with the "www", I also get a failure to find the supposed site.
    Thanx Rukbat .. I missed that "www" bit! (emabarrassed) (My excuse is i had to finish post in a rush)
  • 4. Re: CERTVIEW.ORACLE.COM IS NOT WORKING
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    da nada
  • 5. Re: CERTVIEW.ORACLE.COM IS NOT WORKING
    jchristian Newbie
    For common issues the online forums can be more effective than Oracle support which is why I posted my question here. I guess it was my mistake to assume a clickable link in an official email would be correct.
    Thanks for the tip about changing the URL to certview.oracle.com instead of using the link in Pearsonvue's email. I'll contact their support and see if I can get them to correct their automatic email so others will not have the same issue.

...Update.

I have been on the phone for about 20 minutes so far, and on hold TWICE with a CR rep in India who works for Pearsonvue. She has verified all of my personal information multiple times, and just told me "Put in www.certview.oracle.com" and you will be able to go to the correct website after I explained the issue (the Link in the confirmation email should go to http://certview.oracle.com WITHOUT the www). Grrr.

I just asked her to try the URL herself and then get someone to update the link so future users do not have the same problem. Stuff like this irritates me to no end. Am I speaking a foreign language? At this point I am not sure if she doesn't understand what I'm saying or pretending not to understand on purpose.

Hopefully she a) has internet access and can check the link and b) actually knows how to report the issue and get it correct so I'm not wasting my time. Taking one for the team. I'm sure I'm not the only busy professional taking these certification exams. Still on hold...

Edited by: jchristian on Feb 26, 2013 8:16 AM
  • 6. Re: CERTVIEW.ORACLE.COM IS NOT WORKING
    jchristian Newbie
    I am now on hold with a supervisor at Pearsonvue. She said "contact oracle" because certview.oracle.com IS working. I guess I'd better brush up on my communication skills. The name of the link in their email says "certview.oracle.com" but the actual link is http://www.certview.oracle.com...so when you click on it, users get a DNS error.

She has adamantly told me the link is correct, and claims she does not have internet access to check...I am currently on hold again after asking her if there is a technical or other support department I can speak to to have the link corrected. Who needs to eat lunch?
  • 7. Re: CERTVIEW.ORACLE.COM IS NOT WORKING
    jchristian Newbie
    I spoke to Isabel (I am sure that's not her real name) who is a supervisor at PearsonVue and available from 7 AM - 7PM CST. She said she will forward my issue to the "concern" department and something may be done. She doesn't have an operator number or any other identifying information.

I've also forwarded the issue including the email to support@pearsonvue.com and webmaster@pearsonvue.com with a detailed explanation of the change. Hopefull it will be fixed before the next millenium and save someone else a bit of aggravation. Studying for certification exams while working, taking care of family or whatever our other responsibilities are is hard enough.

Again, certview.oracle.com works, but my issue was that the "name" of the anchor tag was correct, but the Actual Link in certview's email was for www.certview.oracle.com, which does not work.
  • 8. Re: CERTVIEW.ORACLE.COM IS NOT WORKING
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    Can you tell me what automated email you saw www.certview.oracle.com in? Let me know where you saw the link and I'll pursue it from my side to see if we can get it fixed through our channels.

Thanks,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 9. Re: CERTVIEW.ORACLE.COM IS NOT WORKING
    jchristian Newbie
    Thanks so much!

The subject is: Appointment Confirmation for Oracle Certification Program

Re-hash of the Issue:

The anchor tag description correctly shows "certview.oracle.com" but the Actual Link is: <http://www.certview.oracle.com> . The link should say <http://certview.oracle.com>

without the www.

If you'd like, I can forward the email to you.

Cheers,

JC
  • 10. Re: CERTVIEW.ORACLE.COM IS NOT WORKING
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    Thanks for the info. I'll connect with Pearson VUE about this.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points