This content has been marked as final. Show 10 replies
This seems like a Microsoft issue, not a PLM4P issue. i did a quick search and came up with this kb article as a starting point, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910360.
a few things to check:
- in environmentvariables.config, is the value for Prodika.From.EmailAddress a valid email address?
- were any changes recently made to the app server? updates applied?
- were any changes recently made to the email server?
We tried an IIS Reset, but that didnt help.
I somewhat agree that it seems to be an MS issue. However, why is it only Sourcing Approval noticification emails? All other notifications from GSM on this server are working fine.
- in environmentvariables.config, is the value for Prodika.From.EmailAddress a valid email address? This was the first thing we checked as it was the first thing we saw in google too. config hasnt changed
- were any changes recently made to the app server? updates applied? We have had no MS updates since 11/13/12 on this server.
- were any changes recently made to the email server? I havnt asked about the email server thinking if that was it all emails would be foobared.
I guess we will try a server reboot this Sunday during maint window.
Let me know if you think of anything else please.
It was just your Sourcing Approval emails notifications?
When you say prodikaadmin was locked, what do you mean? Locked in Active Directory or UGM?
We use LDAP so we have an LDAP-ProdikaAdmin account, but its not locked. Im able to login to the PLM4P with it.
And the SetupAsstistant uses a service account.
I see LDAP-Prodikaadmin and prodikaadmin accounts in UGM. Im not aware of any config that uses prodikaadmin...
It was actually only for NPD notifications. We also have LDAP integration (to active directory), so we have a prodikaadmin account in active directory on our domain. When this gets locked it causes all sorts of issues, but it does not seem to be the case for you since you can still log in with it.
Update: On Sunday all GSM notifications email started failing with this error, not just Sourcing Approvals.
So we followed the instructions for Method 1 & 2 listed here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910360#appliesto
Then restarted the SMTP Email that is under ASP.NET in the IIS manager.
After that emails started sending again.