10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2013 6:25 PM by Ayush Ganeriwal-Oracle RSS

Load Plan Execution

user269402
      Hi

I am using global Variables G_C and G_I to get the Session number. Using these Variables I could successfully execute Packages and gets the results, but my requirement is to execute Load Plan using Interfaces(with Global Variables). Can I get any help on this issue.

Thanks
      sumana
        • 1. Re: Load Plan Execution
          user750024
          You can generate a scenario for your interface and invoke that from a loadplan. Loadplan cannot invoke packages or interfaces directly.
          • 2. Re: Load Plan Execution
            user269402
            My requirement is to execute Scenerio of Interface through Load Plan not the Package (Scenerio).

Currently I am having the following situation..

One Variable for the C$ tables, called #GLOBAL.G_C, with a refresh statement such as:
            select 'C'||substr('<%=snpRef.getSession("SESS_NO")%>,1,9) from dual

Another Variable for the I$ tables, called #GLOBAL.G_I, with a refresh statement such as:
            select 'I'||substr('<%=snpRef.getSession("SESS_NO")%>,1,9) from dual

In Topology Manager, Physical Schema - In the Definition tab, replaced the existing values set for the temporary table prefixes with the name of the Global Variables, for example : #GLOBAL.G_C, #GLOBAL.G_I.
            These Global Variable values are refreshed before using them in the Integration Interface to get a control of Session Numbers( Same Package or Load Plan can be executed with different session numbers).

My requirement is to execute Load Plan with Interface( with refresh options) not with Package.
            • 3. Re: Load Plan Execution
              user750024
              The run scenario step of loadplan has option to refresh variable before invoking the scenario and pass its value as input parameter to the scenario.
              Doesn't that serve your purpose?
              • 4. Re: Load Plan Execution
                user269402
                I already tried, Global Variables are not getting refreshed. I am trying to create a package to call LoadPlans, Now I have issue in giving LoadPlan Name in ODIStartLoadPlan Parameters. Load Plan Name is not getting saved in the Parameter.
                • 5. Re: Load Plan Execution
                  user269402
                  Can anybody help me in refreshing the Global Variables from LOADPLAN

Thanks
                  sumana
                  • 6. Re: Load Plan Execution
                    Ayush Ganeriwal-Oracle
                    That's strange.
                    Can you confirm that the variable is declared as startup variable for your scenario? Loadplan copies the variables and the refresh variable basically refreshes the loadplan copy of the variable and then passes to the scenario as the startup parameter. Thats why you wont see the refreshed value in the variable history if you have historized it.
                    • 7. Re: Load Plan Execution
                      user269402
                      Thanks for the response

I am not using any variables to the interface Scenerio. LoadPlan has Variables(Global) which needs tobe refreshed. I need to get session no for each step of LoadPlan.

sumana
                      • 8. Re: Load Plan Execution
                        Ayush Ganeriwal-Oracle
                        substitution api getSession() returns session information about current session. So setting current session value through variable refresh would not work because load plan executions are independent of session executions.
                        • 9. Re: Load Plan Execution
                          user269402
                          Is there any way to execute LoadPlan at each session, if so can you please give me a solution
                          • 10. Re: Load Plan Execution
                            Ayush Ganeriwal-Oracle
                            I could not get the question. You want to invoke loadplan from each session? There is a oditool available to invoke a startLoadplan just like you can invoke scenario.

I would also suggest to create a separate post if you have more questions that are different then the original question.