0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2013 5:22 AM by user10288192 RSS

Problems with AOP in WebLogic 10.3.6

user10288192
      Hello,

I am trying to migrate my WebLogic Application from WebLogic 10.3.0 to WebLogic 10.3.6.
      My problem is the integration of the JBoss Pojo Cache (3.0.0 GA (latest release)) with the JBoss AOP Framework (jboss-aop.2.1.8.GA).
      Everything works fine in WebLogic 10.3.0 and the application is now productiv for more than 3 years but we have to migrate to the new WebLogic server.

I have reinstrumented (compile time weaving) all my classes using the new jboss-aop.
      There is no other aop package in my classpath and i have included all of the jars included in the distribution into my ear APP-INF/lib directory.
      The application is deplyable but I am getting the following exception during the initialization:

Caused By: java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.jboss.aop.instrument.JoinPointGenerator.findAdvisedField(JoinPointGenerator.java:500)
      at org.jboss.aop.instrument.JoinPointGenerator.<init>(JoinPointGenerator.java:188)
      at org.jboss.aop.instrument.FieldJoinPointGenerator.<init>(FieldJoinPointGenerator.java:86)
      at org.jboss.aop.GeneratedClassAdvisor$ClassAdvisorStrategy.getJoinPointGenerator(GeneratedClassAdvisor.java:1332)
      at org.jboss.aop.GeneratedClassAdvisor.getJoinPointGenerator(GeneratedClassAdvisor.java:786)
      at org.jboss.aop.GeneratedClassAdvisor.fullWorkFinalizeFieldChain(GeneratedClassAdvisor.java:706)
      at org.jboss.aop.GeneratedClassAdvisor.finalizeFieldReadChain(GeneratedClassAdvisor.java:665)
      at org.jboss.aop.GeneratedClassAdvisor.finalizeChains(GeneratedClassAdvisor.java:581)
      at org.jboss.aop.ClassAdvisor.createInterceptorChains(ClassAdvisor.java:609)

My environment is WebLogic 10.3.6, JDK 1.6_29

I have no idea how to go on further, that is the reason why i am asking you all for help.

Has anyone a solution for this?

Regards
      Edmund