8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2013 3:48 AM by fac586 RSS

Breadcrumbs on same page dependent on authorization value?

Damir Vadas
      Hi!

I have a page which is shown in two authorization part.
      On that page I have two Breadcrumbs, one define to be show on pages with authorization X and one show on authorization Y.

Problem is that regardless in which authorization scheme I am, I see two breadcrumbs on that page.
      1) One that corespondent to active state is normal and correct.
      2) Second one has no values, just two big empty arrows (no text in it, because they are prevented against authorization state).

Mine question is how to overcome and hide this second breadcrumb which has empty arrows without text?

If such a thing is possible at all? I do not want to create another copy of page with just one breadcrumb to avoid problems explained.

Rg
      Damir Vadas
      http://damir-vadas.blogspot.com
        • 1. Re: Breadcrumbs on same page dependent on authorization value?
          Are you using the same region? Have you considered creating two regions. This would allow you to set a condition and hide either region when appropriate.
          • 2. Re: Breadcrumbs on same page dependent on authorization value?
            Damir Vadas
            Does it mean that I have to change template?
            • 3. Re: Breadcrumbs on same page dependent on authorization value?
              Now that I think about it, you already have two breadcrumbs. Otherwise you wouldn't have two showing. Just create the condition for each. No need to touch the template.
              • 4. Re: Breadcrumbs on same page dependent on authorization value?
                Damir Vadas
                When I place Condition then I get that ... empty breadcrumb.

Seems that if a page has breadcrumb it has to be there in any way.

Try small example
                on any topmost breadcrumb place in condition (PL/SQL Function body returning boolean):
                return :APP_PAGE_ID != xxx;
                where xxx is number of where this breadcrumb is placed.
                So this mean that you do not want to show breadcrumb ...

Tell me your result.
                ;-(
                • 5. Re: Breadcrumbs on same page dependent on authorization value?
                  fac586
                  Damir Vadas wrote:

I have a page which is shown in two authorization part.
                  On that page I have two Breadcrumbs, one define to be show on pages with authorization X and one show on authorization Y.

Problem is that regardless in which authorization scheme I am, I see two breadcrumbs on that page.
                  1) One that corespondent to active state is normal and correct.
                  2) Second one has no values, just two big empty arrows (no text in it, because they are prevented against authorization state).

Mine question is how to overcome and hide this second breadcrumb which has empty arrows without text?
                  Two breadcrumbs: how many breadcrumb regions ? Where are the authorizations applied: on the breadcrumbs or on the regions?

An example on apex.oracle.com would be a much more effective way to demonstrate this problem than trying to describe it here. You've provided no information about:

<li>APEX version
                  <li>Theme
                  <li>Page template
                  <li>Region position/template
                  <li>Breadcrumb template
                  <li>Breadcrumb entries
                  <li>Authorization schemes

There's no way for anyone to envisage what's going on in your application, or reproduce a test case.
                  • 6. Re: Breadcrumbs on same page dependent on authorization value?
                    Damir Vadas
                    Hi!

Sorry to forget that...I place in mine other posts ...
                    :-)

Mine conf:
                    Oracle 11.2.0.3 x64
                    Win 2008 x64 R2 Sp1
                    Apex Theme 25.
                    Application Express 4.2.1.00.08
                    Language: en | Copyright © 1999, 2012, Oracle. All rights reserved.
                    Apex Listener 2.0.0 354.17.05

All default where Breadcrumbs are placed default ...
                    • 7. Re: Breadcrumbs on same page dependent on authorization value?
                      Damir Vadas
                      Two breadcrumbs: how many breadcrumb regions ? Where are the authorizations applied: on the breadcrumbs or on the regions?

Sory haven't noticed your question.
                      In template is only one region.
                      Authorization is applied on Breadcrumb.

I do not like to modify templates.

Mine question are:
                      Is it possible to have two breadcrumbs on the same page for different authorization schemes?
                      If yes, is it possible to do without modifying template?

thx
                      Damir
                      • 8. Re: Breadcrumbs on same page dependent on authorization value?
                        fac586
                        Damir Vadas wrote:

Sory haven't noticed your question.
                        In template is only one region.
                        [Page] templates contain region positions, not regions. Multiple regions can be displayed in each region position. *How many breadcrumb regions are defined for the page?* The region definitions may be on the page or on page 0.

The authorization schemes must be applied to the breadcrumb regions as well as the breadcrumb entries.