This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 9:33 AM by Alan Lawlor RSS

APEX page creaton from Test to Dev

983543 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Experts,

I have an issue in the Dev env Export file. Some script is missing from one of the pages of the application. The same application is also available in Test env.

So how can I create the page in Dev from Test env.

Do I need to Export the script for that page from Test and Import it in Dev?
I cannot create the application in Dev environment by Importing the application from Test environment. This is the limitation.

Edited by: 980540 on Feb 18, 2013 12:05 AM
  • 1. Re: APEX page creaton from Test to Dev
    Alan Lawlor Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hello 980540

You said "+I cannot create the application in Dev environment by Importing the application from Test environment. This is the limitation+." I presume you are saying that there has been significant changes to other pages in the Dev environment that you do not wish to lose by exporting the entire Application from test and importing in to Dev.

It is possible to export a single page from your Test environment and import this page in to the same application in your Dev environment. However, this is only possible if the workspace in the Test environment was originally created by promoting it (i.e export / import) from your Dev environment.

For page exports/imports, it is not just a matter of having the same name on the workspace, the internal workspace Id must match, which is only possible when the workspace was promoted from one environment to another.

In all of the above, I am assuming that what you refer to as "environment" are different servers, rather than using workspaces as a means of separating Dev from Test from Production. If you are using workspaces for each environment it is not possible at all to export a single page and import it to a different workspace.

Alan

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points