1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 9:54 AM by fac586 RSS

sql query to fetch session id

Das123
      Hi,

I am to trying to fetch session id of a previously submitted process of a search button......so that i can display the search results in a different page.....so is there any sql query or pl/sql procedure to fetch the session id.
        • 1. Re: sql query to fetch session id
          fac586
          >

Please update your forum profile with a real handle instead of "968337".
          I am to trying to fetch session id of a previously submitted process of a search button......
          It's not all clear what you are trying to do. The documentation describes an APEX session and its ID thus:
          >
          A session is a logical construct that establishes persistence (or stateful behavior) across page views. Each session is assigned a unique identifier. The Application Express engine uses this identifier (or session ID) to store and retrieve an application's working set of data (or session state) before and after each page view.
          >
          This means that each page view and page submission does not have its own session ID, but uses the session ID established when the user's current session began (which is usually through logon and authentication).

Given this definition of session and session ID, are you therefore referring to the ID of some previous user session in which a page was submitted by a search button? Or some private meaning that you have yet to fully explain?
          so that i can display the search results in a different page.....so is there any sql query or pl/sql procedure to fetch the session id.
          The session ID of the current session is available using the the built-in substitution string<tt>APP_SESSION</tt> built-in substitution string.

-----

When you have a problem you'll get a faster, more effective response by including as much relevant information as possible upfront. This should include:

<li>Full APEX version
          <li>Full DB/version/edition/host OS
          <li>Web server architecture (EPG, OHS or APEX listener/host OS)
          <li>Browser(s) and version(s) used
          <li>Theme
          <li>Template(s)
          <li>Region/item type(s) (making particular distinction as to whether a "report" is a standard report, an interactive report, or in fact an "updateable report" (i.e. a tabular form)

Following the guidelines in these documents will also help to explain the problem in much more detail and with sufficient background for it to be understood:

<li>+How to ask questions+
          <li>+{message:id=9360002}+

With APEX we're also fortunate to have a great resource in apex.oracle.com where we can reproduce and share problems. Reproducing things there is the best way to troubleshoot most issues, especially those relating to layout and visual formatting. If you expect a detailed answer then it's appropriate for you to take on a significant part of the effort by getting as far as possible with an example of the problem on apex.oracle.com before asking for assistance with specific issues, which we can then see at first hand.