2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 11:02 AM by Nicolas.Gasparotto RSS

OEM 12c Plug-in Update 1 : oracle database 12.1.0.3

Nicolas.Gasparotto
      Hello,

According to the announcement below, there's new version of several plugins :
      https://blogs.oracle.com/oem/entry/oracle_enterprise_manager_cloud_control2
      One interested to me is the Oracle Database 12.1.0.3. I already deployed it on OMS hosted on one of our AIX server. So far, so good.
      When attempting to deploy the Agent on the same server, it raises an error message that the plateform was not certified. Indeed in the given information page of the plugin, AIX is not listed in the supported plateform for the Agent whereas it is for the OMS...
      Any thought, or clue why and/or when we can get it for AIX ?

Nicolas.
        • 1. Re: OEM 12c Plug-in Update 1 : oracle database 12.1.0.3
          sxkumar
          The agent side Windows and AIX certification should happen within the next couple of months.

Majority of new features (and bug fixes) in these releases are OMS side only. Hence you should be able to use them even without deploying the latest version of the plug-in on the agent.
          • 2. Re: OEM 12c Plug-in Update 1 : oracle database 12.1.0.3
            Nicolas.Gasparotto
            sxkumar wrote:
            The agent side Windows and AIX certification should happen within the next couple of months.
            Right, Windows 64-bit is not certified neither. But a couple of months ? That's quite a lot.
            Majority of new features (and bug fixes) in these releases are OMS side only. Hence you should be able to use them even without deploying the latest version of the plug-in on the agent.
            Well, I think I have no choice but keep it as is.

Thanks you for your feedback anyway.

Nicolas.