4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2013 1:08 AM by user404 RSS

ADF Mobile: WebService data control method call with array

Bijesh Krishnadas
      JDev 11.1.2.3
      ADF Mobile deployed to Android emulator

Hello All,

I am trying to invoke a method in my Web Service data control and get the following exception
      Caused by: ERROR [oracle.adfmf.framework.exception.AdfInvocationRuntimeException] - Cannot serialize: [I@1dbae822
              at oracle.adfmf.dc.ws.soap.SoapTransportLayer.invokeSoapRequest(Lorg/ksoap2/SoapEnvelope;)Ljava/lang/Object;(Unknown Source)
              at oracle.adfmf.dc.ws.soap.SoapWebServiceOperation.invoke(Ljava/lang/String;Loracle/adfmf/dc/ws/soap/SoapGenericType;)Ljava/lang/Object;(Unknown Source)
              at oracle.adfmf.dc.ws.soap.SoapWebServiceOperation.invoke(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/Map;)Ljava/lang/Object;(Unknown Source)
              at oracle.adfmf.dc.JavaBeanOperation.execute(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/util/Map;)Ljava/lang/Object;(Unknown Source)
              at oracle.adfmf.dc.ws.WebServiceDataControlAdapter.invokeOperation(Ljava/util/Map;Loracle/adfmf/bindings/OperationBinding;)Z(Unknown Source)
              at oracle.adfmf.bindings.dbf.AmxMethodActionBinding.execute()Ljava/lang/Object;(Unknown Source)
      This method is an AppModule method exposed as a service interface and the parameter for this method is a List<oracle.jbo.domain.Number>. The schema definition for the input is as follows:
      <element name="acceptTask">
         <complexType>
           <sequence>
                  <element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="taskID" type="decimal"/>
           </sequence>
         </complexType>
      </element>
      For the input to my binding, I have tried int[], Integer[] and List<Integer>. All of these result in similar errors.

I have also tried invoking this through a regular ADF application and that works fine with an int[]. It looks like something specific to the ADF Mobile SOAP layer.

Is this a bug or a restriction in the framework? Any workarounds that has worked for anyone?