This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2013 6:05 AM by 997468 RSS

Weblogic bridge error

991903 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello!

Please, can some one help me with my problem?
I want to connect from our WebLogic server to OpenMQ JMS Server via bridge. But when i start server, i see this in my console:

<Warning> <Connector> <BEA-190032> << eis/jms/WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTX > ResourceAllocationException thrown by resource adapter on call to ManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(): "javax.resource.ResourceException: Failed to start the connection ">

And i find this in server logs:

Bridge "Bridge-0" failed to connect to the target destination and will try again in 60 seconds. This could be a temporary condition unless the messages repeat several times. (java.lang.Exception: javax.resource.ResourceException: Failed to start the connection at weblogic.jms.adapter.JMSBaseConnection.throwResourceException(JMSBaseConnection.java:1695) at weblogic.jms.adapter.JMSBaseConnection.throwResourceException(JMSBaseConnection.java:1675) at weblogic.jms.adapter.JMSBaseConnection.startInternal(JMSBaseConnection.java:523) at weblogic.jms.adapter.JMSBaseConnection.start(JMSBaseConnection.java:249) at weblogic.jms.adapter.JMSManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(JMSManagedConnectionFactory.java:190) at weblogic.connector.security.layer.AdapterLayer.createManagedConnection(AdapterLayer.java:803) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionFactory.createResource(ConnectionFactory.java:91) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.makeResources(ResourcePoolImpl.java:1249) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResourceInternal(ResourcePoolImpl.java:418) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResource(ResourcePoolImpl.java:342) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResource(ResourcePoolImpl.java:322) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionPool.reserveResource(ConnectionPool.java:620) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResource(ResourcePoolImpl.java:316) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionManagerImpl.getConnectionInfo(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:380) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionManagerImpl.getConnection(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:320) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionManagerImpl.allocateConnection(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:129) at weblogic.jms.adapter.JMSBaseConnectionFactory.getTargetConnection(JMSBaseConnectionFactory.java:123) at weblogic.jms.bridge.internal.MessagingBridge.getConnections(MessagingBridge.java:864) at weblogic.jms.bridge.internal.MessagingBridge.run(MessagingBridge.java:1055) at weblogic.work.SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl$WorkAdapterImpl.run(SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.java:528) at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209) at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178) -------------- Linked Exception ------------ java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialContext.lookup(SerialContext.java:385) at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392) at weblogic.jms.adapter.JMSBaseConnection$2.run(JMSBaseConnection.java:284) at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:363) at weblogic.jms.adapter.JMSBaseConnection.startInternal(JMSBaseConnection.java:282) at weblogic.jms.adapter.JMSBaseConnection.start(JMSBaseConnection.java:249) at weblogic.jms.adapter.JMSManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(JMSManagedConnectionFactory.java:190) at weblogic.connector.security.layer.AdapterLayer.createManagedConnection(AdapterLayer.java:803) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionFactory.createResource(ConnectionFactory.java:91) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.makeResources(ResourcePoolImpl.java:1249) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResourceInternal(ResourcePoolImpl.java:418) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResource(ResourcePoolImpl.java:342) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResource(ResourcePoolImpl.java:322) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionPool.reserveResource(ConnectionPool.java:620) at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResource(ResourcePoolImpl.java:316) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionManagerImpl.getConnectionInfo(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:380) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionManagerImpl.getConnection(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:320) at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionManagerImpl.allocateConnection(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:129) at weblogic.jms.adapter.JMSBaseConnectionFactory.getTargetConnection(JMSBaseConnectionFactory.java:123) at weblogic.jms.bridge.internal.MessagingBridge.getConnections(MessagingBridge.java:864) at weblogic.jms.bridge.internal.MessagingBridge.run(MessagingBridge.java:1055) at weblogic.work.SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl$WorkAdapterImpl.run(SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.java:528) at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209) at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178) )

And connect failed.
Help please!

Edited by: 988900 on 19.02.2013 2:35
  • 1. Re: Weblogic bridge error
    Kishore Rout Journeyer
    Hi,
    This happens when the max number of connections in the jms_xa_adp\weblogic-ra.xml gets exhausted. During heavy load the message starts flow.

In general, the value of the max-capacity attribute should be at least two times the number of bridge instances. For example, if your environment has up to ten message bridge instances targeted, a max-capacity attribute setting of 20 in the default configuration is adequate. But if you increase the number of bridge instances to 15, increase the max-capacity attribute to 30.

Use the following steps to modify the weblogic-ra.xml descriptor file:
    1.Using the editor of your choice, update the attribute with the desired value.
    2.Deploy the updated adapter.
    3.Stop and restart any bridge instance that requires the new values.

Example weblogic-ra.xml Descriptor File:

<weblogic-connection-factory-dd>
    <connection-factory-name>WLSJMSConnectionFactoryLocal</connection-factory-name>
    <jndi-name>eis/jms/WLSConnectionFactoryJNDILocal</jndi-name>
    <pool-params>
    <initial-capacity>0</initial-capacity>
    <max-capacity>20</max-capacity>
    </pool-params>
    </weblogic-connection-factory-dd>

Mark if this helps.
    Regards,
    Kishore
  • 2. Re: Weblogic bridge error
    991903 Newbie
    Hi!

Sorry, but your recommendation doesn't help.
    I try to set max-capacity=30 (but i have only 1 bridge for this moment, this is test bridge) and i still have this error. Failed to start the connection...

Anyone have some ideas?
  • 3. Re: Weblogic bridge error
    997468 Explorer
    Hi,

Did you checked if you have connectivity available to the target destination from your machine / source destination configured in bridge. Check if telnet to provided IP:port works or not.
    Most of the time we have observed this error when either target destination is down and not available or there is no connectivity established before. Both can be configured by telnet.

Ignore if you have already checked this...

Thanks,
    Ranjan

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points