This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2013 11:43 AM by CraigB RSS

license info

:) Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I work for a company with workforce ~ 2000, we are planning to develop a product which will be sold to costumers, this product will be developed using oracle forms, reports and oracle workflow. If we develop and sell the product which is developed using oracle forms,reports and workflow do we have to subscribe for any license ?
  • 1. Re: license info
    Amatu Allah Guru
    Hi
    u don't have to pay for development but the customer's company according to the number of users using this project.

Amatu Allah
  • 2. Re: license info
    HamidHelal Guru
    naperu_sasi wrote:
    I work for a company with workforce ~ 2000, we are planning to develop a product which will be sold to costumers, this product will be developed using oracle forms, reports and oracle workflow. If we develop and sell the product which is developed using oracle forms,reports and workflow do we have to subscribe for any license ?
    NO. It's need for customers, who use the application.

Hope this helps
  • 3. Re: license info
    CraigB Guru
    This is the wrong place to ask questions about licensing. You need to call your local Oracle Representative and ask them. Oracle has a fairly complex licensing structure and you are not going to get a correct answer here in the forums (where most of us are developers just like you).

Craig...
  • 4. Re: license info
    andrewmy Journeyer
    Middleware licensing is not for the faint-hearted especially since Oracle keeps repackaging the various components.

Read as much of the licensing guides as possible and then contact Oracle Sales.

If this is for a large system potentially involving hundreds of thousands of USD in licensing and support fees you may want to engage a consultant who specializes in Oracle licensing to assist you. After all, any startup and maintainance costs saved for the customer makes your system more attractive to buy.
  • 5. Re: license info
    :) Newbie
    CraigB wrote:
    This is the wrong place to ask questions about licensing. You need to call your local Oracle Representative and ask them. Oracle has a fairly complex licensing structure and you are not going to get a correct answer here in the forums (where most of us are developers just like you).

Craig...
    where can i find the contact details of oracle sales fellows ???
  • 6. Re: license info
    CraigB Guru
    where can i find the contact details of oracle sales fellows ???
    Try http://www.oracle.com and scroll to the bottom and click on the "Contact Us" link.

Craig...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points