5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2013 1:48 AM by 770542 RSS

Mail Configuration

Hi,

i am using Windows R2 as a server and 11g version of ODI and BI.

i set up mail configuration with enterprice manager. but i am getting error below. we are using our own exchange.

Eventually succeeded, but encountered and resolved errors...
      Number of skipped recipients: 1 of 2

AgentID: /users/administrator/Untitled
      [nQSError: 75005] Failed to send AUTH command. No supported authentication mechanism found AgentID: /users/administrator/Untitled
      ...Trying SMTP Delivery loop again... Sleeping for 5 seconds. AgentID: /users/administrator/Untitled
      [nQSError: 75005] Failed to send AUTH command. No supported authentication mechanism found AgentID: /users/administrator/Untitled
      ...Trying SMTP Delivery loop again... Sleeping for 8 seconds. AgentID: /users/administrator/Untitled
      ...Trying SMTP Delivery loop again... Sleeping for 6 seconds. AgentID: /users/administrator/Untitled
      Exceeded number of SMTP delivery retries.
        • 1. Re: Mail Configuration
          Benoît
          Hi,

the skipped recipient is the user administrator.
          But obiee 11g user must have a valid email address in their profile in Console>SecurityRealm>User setup. Could you please verify that your user administrator has a valid email address.

Hope it helps,

Benoit
          • 2. Re: Mail Configuration
            Benoît wrote:
            Hi,

the skipped recipient is the user administrator.
            But obiee 11g user must have a valid email address in their profile in Console>SecurityRealm>User setup. Could you please verify that your user administrator has a valid email address.

Hope it helps,

Benoit
            thank you for your answer, i have tried for another user, result is the same.

and there is no place to enter email info at Console>SecurityRealm>User setup.

i set email adress via bi presentation.
            • 3. Re: Mail Configuration
              can anyone please help or share any idea please ?
              • 4. Re: Mail Configuration
                Benoît
                Hi,

do you see this post : Setting Up Mail Server to Send Alerts Using ibots
                Your issue could be due to your SMTP server.

Regards,

Benoit
                • 5. Re: Mail Configuration
                  Hi,

to fix this issue,

1. log in to enterprise manager > Business Intelligence > Coreapplication > Deployment > Mail and you will notice Username, password. Set them Null.

2. log in to enterprise manager > Weblogic Domain > Right click on bifoundation_domain > Security > Credentials > Expand oracle.bi.enterprise > Highlight mail.server and delete.

3. restart all BI components,

this works for me.

thank you