This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2013 2:25 AM by Benoît RSS

RPD

KBabu Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I have 2 columns (Say A & B ), where A is NUMBER(Numeric) and B is DESCRIPTION (Varchar)..where A is from Table X, B is from Table Y
My requirement is I need to get a new Column called COMBO by contacting the above two....and get the results...

In the Answers level, if you concatenate ...results are coming fine ( All Records )

But at RPD level, created a new Logical Column under Table X and applied the above concatenation using expression builder and brought to PResentation layer...... but i am getting only few records, not all records..!!!!

Is this dependant IMPLICT fact column of that subject area....???

I have another idea as well with SQL to achieve this, but assuming it may give performance issue
Select distinct (A.Number ||' '||B.Description) from A, B ---> took 25 min and i dont idea where i can write this SQL in RPD

Edited by: KBabu on Feb 19, 2013 8:06 PM
  • 1. Re: RPD
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Map those two tables to fact in BMM (Source properties->use Add button)
    in this case that should work. Don not use distinct as in SQL.

This should work.
  • 2. Re: RPD
    Benoît Journeyer
    Hi,

Do you have a 1to 1 relation between your table X and Y ?
    If it is the case, you could :
    - add a relation between your table X and an alias of table Y in the physical layer (if your table Y is used in another relation)
    - add the alias of table Y directly in your source (dimension or fact) in BMM with an inner join between your 2 tables
    After you can add a new column which is the concatenation of column A and column B.

Hope it helps,

Benoit

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points