5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 7:44 PM by user964802 RSS

ODI JMS to XML failing

Problem Description
      Trying to load a JMS_XML queue and getting the following error message at the LKM stage. java.lang.NullPointerException in step: ODI load JMS to XML

### Steps to reproduce ###
      1. create a JMS Queue XML connection
      2. create a reverse-engineered JMS Queue XML model
      3. create an Oracle target connection.
      4. copy the JMS model and paste to Oracle model
      5. create DDL of Oracle model and generate target datastores by executing the procedure
      6. Create a package
      7. create a number of interfaces using the reverse-engineered JMS schema datastores as the source. The target will be the counterpart Oracle datastore
      8. Use LKM JMS XML to SQL and set the SYNCHRO_JMS_TO_XML to true for the first interface. All other options to default
      For subsequent interfaces use the default options,
      For final interface select the JMS_COMMIT option
      9. Execute the package.
      10. Error occurs on first interface: ODI load JMS to XML

It appears to be a problem with the message. I have resolved a 'numeric value out of range error' prior to this error being raised.

Any ideas how I can work through this problem?

• 1. Re: ODI JMS to XML failing
          Alex Kotopoulis

do you have the stack trace for the NullPointerException, could you post it?

• 2. Re: ODI JMS to XML failing
            Hi Alex

Here it is:
            ODI-1227: Task SrcSet0 (Loading) fails on the source JMS_QUEUE_XML connection SOATST_updateTerminalTransaction.
            Caused By: java.sql.SQLException: class java.sql.SQLException
            at com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.xml.SnpsXmlFile.readDocument(SnpsXmlFile.java:459)
            at com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.xml.SnpsXmlConnection.readStream(SnpsXmlConnection.java:1500)
            at com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.JMSXMLPreparedStatement.loadJMS(JMSXMLPreparedStatement.java:768)
            at com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.JMSXMLPreparedStatement.execute(JMSXMLPreparedStatement.java:154)
            at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.execution.sql.SQLCommand.execute(SQLCommand.java:163)
            at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.execution.sql.SQLExecutor.execute(SQLExecutor.java:102)
            at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.execution.sql.SQLExecutor.execute(SQLExecutor.java:1)
            at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.execution.TaskExecutionHandler.handleTask(TaskExecutionHandler.java:50)
            at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.processTask(SnpSessTaskSql.java:2913)
            at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.treatTask(SnpSessTaskSql.java:2625)
            at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessStep.treatAttachedTasks(SnpSessStep.java:561)
            at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessStep.treatSessStep(SnpSessStep.java:464)
            at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSession.treatSession(SnpSession.java:2093)
            at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.processor.impl.StartSessRequestProcessor$2.doAction(StartSessRequestProcessor.java:366)
            at oracle.odi.core.persistence.dwgobject.DwgObjectTemplate.execute(DwgObjectTemplate.java:216)
            at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.processor.impl.StartSessRequestProcessor.doProcessStartSessTask(StartSessRequestProcessor.java:300)
            at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.processor.impl.StartSessRequestProcessor.access$0(StartSessRequestProcessor.java:292)
            at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.processor.impl.StartSessRequestProcessor$StartSessTask.doExecute(StartSessRequestProcessor.java:855)
            at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.processor.task.AgentTask.execute(AgentTask.java:126)
            at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.support.DefaultAgentTaskExecutor$2.run(DefaultAgentTaskExecutor.java:83)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
            • 3. Re: ODI JMS to XML failing
              Ayush Ganeriwal-Oracle
              It would be difficult to debug your problem with just the stack trace. Somebody need to closely debug your environment. I suggest contacting support channel to properly analyze this NPE.
              • 4. Re: ODI JMS to XML failing
                Hi Ayush

Thanks for the feedback. I have indeed raised an SR for support with this. I will update the post when we have found the solution.

• 5. Re: ODI JMS to XML failing
                  FYI, I stumbled on the root cause of the problem.

To resolve, I needed to restart the Standalone Agent.