This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2013 10:13 PM by William Wallace RSS

drop-down field on Login Screen

NiharNarla Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi, I am new to APex, I need guidance regarding a scenario ,

I want a drop-down menu on login screen .

The condition is like when i enter username based on his previlages the drop-down should be updated . I want to capture that drop-down value and pass it to query.

Like i can use :APP_USER for passing username to query ,, I need to pass the drop down select value to pass in query..

Thank You,
Nihar Narla
  • 1. Re: drop-down field on Login Screen
    William Wallace Newbie
    Nihar Narla wrote:
    The condition is like when i enter username based on his previlages the drop-down should be updated .
    This bit doesn't make sense. How do you enter username based on privilege?

The drop down (presuming you are referring to a select list), just create an item and once this page submits the value should be accessible from session. Use Bind variabl :P1_DROP_DOWN or v('P1_DROP_DOWN') to reference in queries.
  • 2. Re: drop-down field on Login Screen
    William Wallace Newbie
    Nihar Narla wrote:
    The condition is like when i enter username based on his previlages the drop-down should be updated .
    This bit doesn't make sense. How do you enter username based on privilege?

The drop down (presuming you are referring to a select list), just create an item and once this page submits the value should be accessible from session. Use Bind variabl :P1_DROP_DOWN or v('P1_DROP_DOWN') to reference in queries.
  • 3. Re: drop-down field on Login Screen
    NiharNarla Newbie
    I have created a query where user names and their privilege tables are joined.

So what I thought was when I enter the username the drop-down should populate based on the privilege ( Privilege table )

I don't know whether i am able to express the exact scenario ...

Hope you got my point :)

Thank You,
    Nihar Narla

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points