I am building a Siebel environment ground up.(Planning to install all architecture components on same machine as it is for internal purposes)
1. Built a Windows 2003 SP2 server.
2. Installed Oracle Express Edition 11G Database.
3. Created SADMIN and SIEBEL users in database and extended the table space for S_DATA and S_INDEX. Granted access.
4. Downloaded all required 8.1.1 media packs from edelivery.
5. Created installable using the imagecreator utility.
6. Using "Siebel Enterprise Server", installed Gateway, Enterprise and DB configuration using the default path.
7. Configured Gateway and selected all default options. (Run using local account, Port 2320)
8. While configuring Enterprise server, I am getting message "Unable to connect to Gateway Name server".
I have checked the following.
1. Gateway name server is running using the windows local account (Admin)
2. Admin local account has administrator privilege.
I have tried installing twice but getting stuck at same place. Appreciate any guidance on this issue.
I am going to try the options suggested by Venkat in one of the other threads. Will update here if it works
Follow the steps.
User the gateway authention user name and password is SADMIN.
1.Install the gateway
2.Install the enterprise
3.Install the webserver profile.
4 Install the siebel server with gateway authentication u/p as SADMIN
Don't configure the sibel server.
5.Install the Database server.
6.Run the DB install utility.
7.Then u can configure the siebel server configuration.
try these steps.
I have successfully installed on windows 2003 server.
I have been able to make progress. This link has all the reasons for not being able to connect to gateway server. http://blog.csdn.net/lixiaohuiok111/article/details/7655932. In my case none of these root causes were applicable.
I was able to install when i launched installation through command prompt following the Siebel 8.0 guide. ( e.g. C:\sba80\gtwysrvr\BIN\ssincfgw.exe -args LANG=