This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 20, 2013 5:23 AM by bigdelboy RSS

Duration Between Two Exam

992159 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
In Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 5 Database Administrator, there are two exams:-
1Z0-873 and 1Z0-874

Suppose that 1Z0-873 exam i cleared in January month then after how many month i will have to appear in second exam 1Z0-874.
  • 1. Re: Duration Between Two Exam
    bigdelboy Pro
    Currently Being Moderated
    989156 wrote:
    In Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 5 Database Administrator, there are two exams:-
    1Z0-873 and 1Z0-874

Suppose that 1Z0-873 exam i cleared in January month then after how many month i will have to appear in second exam 1Z0-874.
    There is no restriction:

However ... you cannot take both at EXACTLY the same time .... e.g. both at 10:30:00 14:02:13 ( well perhaps you can ... but no way would that be advised ).

- They can be taken in either order
    - One can be taken after the other on the same day .... this is not normally advised but if someone has really logisitical problems getting to a test center that might be attractive to them. (Most would want to take on board feedback from the experience of the first exam into the second and not to have to prepare for the details of both exams at once).
    - So essentially there is no restriction.

( However if you fail an exam you cannot retake it within 14 days ).

Edited by: bigdelboy on Feb 20, 2013 5:17 AM I may have misread your question ... there is no time limit, the only main risk being the exam will be eventually retired. There would normally be at least 3 months notice of this; and would in this case almost certainly be preceded by newer replacement exams if it happened. Exceptionally MySQL stewardship could pass to somewhere else (precedent openoffice to Apache). [ This added after OP marked post as helpful - thankyou to OP]

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points