This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2013 3:42 AM by Marwim RSS

Unable to load .CSV file data through PL/SQL program

981984 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am using the logic to load .CSV file data into the table. If there is no comma in the field/column data then this program working. If there is any comma in the field data like "ABC, Tester" then this is not working. I had tried with placing the column double quotes "" but there is no success.

Edited by: user8564931 on 20 Feb, 2013 3:48 AM
  • 1. Re: Unable to load .CSV file data through PL/SQL program
    Marwim Expert
    Post duplicated by Jive

Edited by: Marwim on 20.02.2013 12:40
  • 2. Re: Unable to load .CSV file data through PL/SQL program
    981984 Newbie
    I am using this logic through oracle D2k form
  • 3. Re: Unable to load .CSV file data through PL/SQL program
    Marwim Expert
    Hello,

you should put your code int
     tags to preserve formatting. It would make your code more readable.

Why do you want to reinvent the wheel instead of using External Tables or SQL*Loader?

Regards
    Marcus                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
  • 4. Re: Unable to load .CSV file data through PL/SQL program
    981984 Newbie
  • 5. Re: Unable to load .CSV file data through PL/SQL program
    BluShadow Guru Moderator
    Marwim wrote:
    Hello,

you should put your code int {noformat}
    {noformat} tags to prederve formatting. It would make your code more readable.
    I was going to edit his post and put {noformat}
    {noformat} tags for him... but unfortunately, what he pasted in isn't even formatted, so it would make no difference, except change the font.

Why do you want to reinvent the wheel instead of using External Tables or SQL*Loader?
    My thoughts exactly.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • 6. Re: Unable to load .CSV file data through PL/SQL program
    BluShadow Guru Moderator
    user8564931 wrote:
    you would be better pushing the CSV file to the database server and then call a procedure on the database to use External Tables to read the data directly into it.
  • 7. Re: Unable to load .CSV file data through PL/SQL program
    Marwim Expert
    You can select from an External Table just as you select from a "real" table. This works in Forms too.

See {message:id=1145730}

Edited by: Marwim on 20.02.2013 12:42

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points