This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2013 12:03 PM by sb92075 RSS

Performance tuning

959687 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
i am very new for performance tuning, please any1 explain me about how to take trace for existing and what needs to be done..and how to test it actually. they have given package name called pk_chp_num and table name as "tb_chp_check".
  • 1. Re: Performance tuning
    asahide Expert
    Hello,

Application tracing tool is here..
    <<http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E25178_01/server.1111/e16638/sqltrace.htm#i4170>>

HTH,
  • 2. Re: Performance tuning
    stefan nebesnak Journeyer
    956684 wrote:
    i am very new for <font style="background-color: #FFFFCC">performance tuning</font>, please any1 explain me about how to take trace for existing and what needs to be done..
    Get familiar with Oracle tracing tools mentioned above <tt> (<font style="background-color: #FFFFCC">trcsess, TKPROF</font>) </tt>

+*
    <tt>
    <font style="background-color: #FFFFCC">
    DBMS_TRACE,
    EXPLAIN PLAN,
    AUTOTRACE,
    DBMS_PROFILER,
    Statspack,
    AWR,
    Enterprise Manager..
    </font>
    </tt>
    With these tools at your disposal, you can readily see where your performance bottleneck and hotspots take place.
  • 3. Re: Performance tuning
    Sg049 Explorer
    Addition to the tools mentioned by stefan nebesnak.

DBMS_HPROF -- available in oracle 11g,
    DBMS_SQLTUNE --it is a tuning advisor for the SQL queries. You can crate task and monitor the report.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 4. Re: Performance tuning
    sb92075 Guru
    HOW To Make TUNING request
    SQL and PL/SQL FAQ

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points