This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
Try something like as in this link1 person found this helpful
Hi Bill,1 person found this helpful
How about having an inner query. I mean, you could create an analysis to derive "sales value in January 2012" and create another analysis to derive weekly sales value based on january sales.
This would send an inner query for January2012 and the outer query for weekly sales to the DB.
Note: I personally prefer to avoid inner queries, but I see this as the best option at the moment though.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply. I am fairly new to BIEE. Is there anyway you can explain a bit more how to set up an inner query?
Sure, My pleasure. Here are the basic steps what you could go through.
1. Create an analysis with your Month (January) and Sales.
2. Save this analysis as Report1.
3. Create another analysis with Week and Sales.
4. Create a filter on column:Sales using the option 'Based on Another Analysis'. The analysis editor will provide you an option to browse your other analysis which you want this analysis to be based on and just click on this browse button, and navigate to and select Report1.
5. Once you have selected Report 1 through browse option, you get down in the same pop-up the relationship and use values in column.
So sample entries in this pop-up might look like
Column : Sales
Operator : is based on results of another analysis
Saved Analysis : /My Folder/Report1
Relationship : is equal than
Use values in Column : Sales
6. If you run this analysis, you could get all weekly sales figures which are equal to the january sales figures.
Hope this helps.