This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2013 2:52 AM by John Stegeman RSS

FRM-92119 in cluster, not in single instance

John Stegeman Oracle ACE
Currently Being Moderated
Hello everyone,

Background: Forms 11.1.2.1.0, JDK 1.7 u 11, 64-bit, Windows.

I have a 2-machine cluster set up behind a LBR. Both of the OHS are set to route to both of the WLS_FORMS managed servers. I have followed the instructions in the HA guide for setting this up.

I've defined a couple of configuration settings in frmweb.cfg and have corresponding environment files. When only one of the WLS_FORMS servers is running, things are working fine. This is the case regardless of which one of the WLS_FORMS is running. However, when both of the WLS_FORMS managed servers are up and running, I get FRM-92119 complaining about the ORACLE_INSTANCE not being set. The log files don't have anything more interesting than that.

Any clue as to what may be going on or even how to debug the issue?

Kind regards,

John
  • 1. Re: FRM-92119 in cluster, not in single instance
    Christian Erlinger Guru
    I guess you stumbled upon Note 989118.1 Tuning / Load Balancing: How to Manually Create a New WLS Forms Managed Server in 11g (11.1.1.2 and Above) ?
    It is mentioned there that you need to set the -Doracle.instance java property (amongst others) in the weblogic administration console. However; I found out that java properties set in the weblogic console are not picked up for the forms installation; you have to set them manually in one of the batch files used to start the managed servers.
    For the original WLS_FORMS this is done in one of those files (startWeblogic.cmd, startManagedWeblogic.cmd or setDomainEnv.cmd; I don't remember) in an if condition; if you named your cloned server WLS_FORMS1 or something like it is mentioned in the note above most certainly this didn't happen.

cheers
  • 2. Re: FRM-92119 in cluster, not in single instance
    John Stegeman Oracle ACE
    Christian,

Thanks for that. However, I am not cloning any instances at all. I have installed and configured Forms on the first node, and then on the second node, I have expanded the cluster. However, let me try what you suggested and report back.

John
  • 3. Re: FRM-92119 in cluster, not in single instance
    John Stegeman Oracle ACE
    Christian,

Bingo - that was exactly the issue. Perhaps the support note (and the HA guide) need to be updated to reflect that this needs to be done even if you didn't clone the WLS_FORMS server, but just extended the cluster normally.

Also FYI - the Server Start properties in WLS console do work as long as you use Node Manager to start the managed servers.

Thanks again, you've saved me tons of time.

John

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points